Distribution Manager Job at Philip Morris International (PMI)
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke.
PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of July 2020, PMI estimates that approximately 11.2 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 57 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Distribution Manager, Nigeria
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type of Job: Permanent or regular
- At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on one clear purpose – to deliver a smoke-free future. With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
- Sales and Marketing at PMI feels like building a new business – but with the accumulated expertise of a global brand behind you. Bring us your curiosity and capacity to engage people and you can be part of the team that’s driving our huge commercial transformation.
Purpose of the Job
- Build efficient primary distribution and ensure optimal product flow to the wholesalers and other customers.
- To design and implement initiatives to optimize distribution, contribute to increase profitability through effective stakeholder engagement (Wholesaler, Supply Chain, Finance and Field Managers).
- To continuously improve primary distribution (cost/product flow) and enhance the quality of service provided to customers through lead time improvement and trade benefit maximization.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Build and develop close relationship with customers.
- Maintain excellent market knowledge in order uncover insights and anticipate emergent issues.
- Design and issue regular reports on distribution performance
- Perform customer annual review as per the internal practices.
- Guarantee qualitative and timely answer to all pending requests/issues raised by customers.
Sales & Operation Planning:
- Act as the market representative during the S&OP process and submit accurate forecast for optimal finished goods and raw materials stock level pertaining to the market.
- Contribute to ensure adaptation of production capability to market needs with special attention during new launches.
- Ensure that the planning and the implementation of commercial activities, including new product launches are done according to the given guidelines and given set of objectives.
- Address and solve logistic issues in time in partnership with secondary supply chain.
- Maintain periodic regional sales plans in coordination with Field Managers to achieve objectives.
- Optimize the use of resources to enhance primary and secondary distribution
- Negotiate third party logistic service provider contract and ensure the warehousing, handling and delivery standards are respected
- Monitor stock level and plan warehouse replenishment accordingly
- Propose and implement distribution schemes in line with market needs
- Design and execute trade programs to ensure a smooth product flow
- Set and communicate the individual objectives to the team members according to the given targets and ensure that these objectives are met, with regular performance assessments.
- Support Direct reports through effective On-the-Job support and coaching to drive commitment to achieving key business goals.
- Ensure that all actions strictly adhere to PM policies and procedures to maintain and enhance the image of the company with the trade.
- Identify individual training needs to improve the business skills and initiate the required interventions to enable team members to meet the job’s requirements.
Key Success Factors
The most important metrics by which successful performance will be judged are:
- Achievement of Monthly In-Market Sales (IMS) >/= 100% of OB/RF
- Maintenance of positive customer credit position to support future sales.
- Business Performance reported in a clear, concise manner with focus on required actions.
- Degree in Business Administration or a related Management Science
- 5-7 years experience in sales and/or distribution departments (A minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity is a plus).
Functional Knowledge & Skills:
- Sales Planning
- Forecasting and Data Analysis.
- Key Account Management
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills
- Strong Drive for Results and problem-solving skills.
What We Offer
Our success depends on our talented employees who come to work here every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to deliver a smoke-free future.
To Be discussed
- Operations Officer (Male Warehouse and Female Marketing Officer) Job at Sales Force Consulting
- Procurement Lead Job at Saro Agro-Allied
- Nigeria Production Manager Job at UpEnergy
- Procurement Executive Job at Mooreadvice Limited
- Warehouse Assistant Job at Smiling Hearts Initiatives International
- Supply Chain Officer Job at Smiling Hearts Initiatives International
- Warehouse Officer Job at ADDAS Ultimate Limited
- Central Store Officer Job at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Trade & Supply Chain Manager Job at TeamAce Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Abuja Clinics