Executive Assistant, Legal and Compliance Job at Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Executive Assistant, Legal and Compliance
Job Location: Nigeria
- Reporting to the General Counsel, the role will be responsible to provide executive and administrative support to the General Counsel and the in-house Legal & Compliance (L&C) team and will undertake a variety of work, including calendar management, meeting support, travel, file maintenance and invoicing.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Manage scheduling for the General Counsel and L&C leadership team, including calendar meeting requests.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure schedules are followed and respected, and act as a ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the leadership team.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate related logistics, such as room bookings, refreshments, and document preparation for all attendees.
- Manage agenda, take minutes at meetings, and distribute as appropriate.
- Lead follow up of key action items for the leadership team, ensuring that the L&C leadership team is prepared for meetings and correspondence and work runs smoothly.
- Manage travel in coordination with the travel team and office coordinator and team assistants, including extensive global travel, accommodation reservations, ground transport, travel visas and immunizations.
- Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activities of the department.
- Prepare, draft, and revise correspondence, agreements, and other documents.
- Maintain listing of global legal contacts and familiarize with key contacts.
- Undertake all file management and housekeeping procedures to ensure filing constantly up to date.
- Provide support in development of systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of all communications, record-keeping and filing systems. Coordinate and consolidate information in order to meet deadlines.
- Manage and monitor large volumes of files, electronic and paper.
- Maintain and update internal policies and legal documentation.
- Liaise with external legal counsel and/or other Foundation staff on documentation and administrative or confidential matters as well as on various issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with both staff and external resources.
Who You Are
- College Diploma or University Degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an executive assistant.
- Previous experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department is a benefit.
- High level of proficiency with current technology including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills in English; written and spoken.
- An ability to work well under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods.
- Comfortable taking instructions, following through on assignments, and managing ongoing tasks.
- Ability to support more than one professional and to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Professional demeanor, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
- Team player, who can also work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- Branch Admin Officer Job at Fosad Consulting
- Restaurant Manager Job at Azuks Works Consult
- Executive Assistant Job at NoemDek Limited
- HR / Admin Officer Job at DynamicPlus Advisory
- Manager on Duty Job at Marriott International
- Front Desk Officer / Receptionist Job at Brilliant Performance Solutions Limited
- Legal Associate (Litigation) Job at Convergence LP
- Director of Admissions Job at James Hope College
- Administrative Manager Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Administrative & Operations Manager Job at Informal Technologies Limited