Female Teacher (Preschool) Job at Imagine Early Years and Elementary
Imagine Early Years & Elementary - Here at Imagine!, Our educators are called Mind Aiders, we believe that our role as the more knowledgeable individual is to help guide our children to a place of understanding of things around them, helping to develop and connect neural pathways, never telling - always asking (why, who, what, how..?) to encourage critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Our children are encouraged to be actively involved in their own process of learning. We function more like a coach who mediates, facilitates, prompts, and helps children develop and assess their understanding, and thereby their learning
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Female Teacher (Preschool)
Job Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Providing care and support to children in a safe, secure, loving and comfortable environment to learn.
- Planning learning opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g. individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Motivating and stimulating the children's learning abilities by encouraging learning through experience.
- Researching and understanding each child’s development stage and learning ability to help you in the planning of individualized lesson plan.
- Researching and introducing new, innovative and creative teaching methods and learning activities.
- Treating children with dignity and respect and meeting the needs of the individual child with an awareness of their interests, special talents/needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Developing children's curiosity and knowledge.
- Working with others, including caregivers to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- Facilitate the learning of letter sounds and letter names using Jolly Phonics/ Read – Write Inc.
- Facilitate the learning of basic concepts, number awareness, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Observation of each child is key – record observation using post-it notes, observation boards and observation folders.
- Link each observation to a child’s developmental stage (age-based) to monitor progress.
- Submit a quarterly/end of season report for each child in your group.
- Set up learning centres within the Mind-Room and outdoor (where necessary).
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the school.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative.
- Ability to manage classes well and deal with challenging behaviour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and a good sense of humour.
- Love being with children.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Innovative and prepared to take risks.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Bachelor's degree in Education.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a school setting with children within the age range 0 - 6years.
- Minimum 1 out of 3 years’ experience with the EYFS and/ Common Core Curriculum.
- Certifications in Early Years Education and related courses for example Phonics, Social-Emotional Development, Arts, Handwriting, Class Room Display etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 80% and kick-start your international career with a European degree in 2021!
- Subject Teachers Recruitment at Pacific Schools
- Head Teacher Job at Griffiths Schools
- Subject Teacher Recruitment at Goshen International School
- Art Teacher Recruitment at Pacific Academy
- Tutors Recruitment at Mindsmith
- Training Manager Job at Zinc Network
- French Teacher Recruitment at RA International School
- Primary Class Teacher Recruitment at RA International School
- Nursery / Primary School Teacher Recruitment at A reputable school