Field Logistics Advisor Job at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Field Logistics Advisor
Job Location: Kebbi
Supervision: The Field Logistics Advisor will report to the Field Logistics Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Scope of Work
- This Scope of Work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Field Field Logistics Advisor - Deliver & Return Team to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Field Logistics Advisor, working through the State Logistics Management Coordinating Unit (LMCU), shall be responsible for:
Facility Level Replenishment and Reporting:
- Ensuring donor-procured health commodities “stock on-hand” within health facilities continuously falls within the min/max range established for each product by supporting the LMCU to:
- Facilitate data collection at the state level
- Facilitate data review at the state level (accuracy of facility reporting)
- Facilitate data input into the National Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) reporting tool
- Support assessment activities (EUV, storage facilities, supply chain, LIAT, LSAT, etc.)
- Submit bi-monthly replenishment orders for quantities of each donor procured commodity not to exceed the allocated value of commodity made available to the State from the national supply of donor stock,
- Submit emergency orders if/when donor-procured stock levels fall below min/max values in between bi-monthly distributions
- Support replenishment trend analysis and consumption data pattern analysis to help supervise and identify future distribution requirements.
Facility Level Receiving:
- Share the distribution plan with the identified health facilities within the state
- Monitor the 3PLs making deliveries of donor funded commodities (appropriate trucks, delivery times, etc.)
- Coordinate with SDP IPs and other stakeholders to ensure that facilities have the appropriate staff with signature authority are present during delivery windows, that facilities conduct a comprehensive review the quantities of each product delivered against the proof of delivery, that facilities inspect the quality of the products being delivered, and facilities carefully noting any discrepancies on the proof of delivery document prior to accepting the delivery.
- Escalate any discrepancies in quantity of products delivered or quality challenges
Facility Level Storage:
- Coordinate with SDP/ IPs and other stakeholders to ensure that donor-procured commodities within health facilities are stored and managed in keeping with World Health Organization (WHO), and good inventory control best practices.
Coordination and Governance:
- Facilitate periodic visits to the health facilities, by the GHSC-PSM M&E team, to monitor implementation of supply chain activities that supports service delivery,
- Providing state level reports on stock status of health products within health facilities in the state and warehouses that have stock allocated to their state
- Support collation and transmission of adverse drug reaction reports from the health facilities to the State LMCU
Report of Commodity Loss:
- Immediately report donor and state-procured commodity loss at the health facilities or during distribution. The losses will include, expiries, theft, discrepancies inventory, commodity damage during handling, damage in product quality etc. while in custody of the state officials at the warehouses and/or health facilities.
- Facilitate the collection of a police report on the incident to ascertain the root cause and preventive action
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Field Logistics Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Logistics Management or other related Sciences.
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, FP, MNCH or Malaria programs strongly desired.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is
- Logistics Officer Job at Christian Aid
- Dispatch Rider Job at Invent Alliance Limited
- Fleet Manager Job at DRYVA Logistics
- Delivery Personnel Job at Destiny Media
- Dispatch Rider Job at Viliangel
- Dispatch Rider Job at Aexpress Nigeria
- Dispatched Rider Job at Whytehors Limited
- Company Driver Job at Torilo
- Logistic Marketer Job at Crovation Limited
- Logistics Operations Manager Job at Total Data Limited