Finance and Grants Manager Job at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop's proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Grants Manager
Job ID: 2019-1346
Job Location: Nigeria
- At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
- Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
- Pact seeks a Finance and Grants Manager for the ACHIEVE Nigeria OVC program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. In Nigeria, ACHIEVE will provide technical assistance and mentorship services to four local implementers who are prime implementers of USAID orphans and vulnerable children projects in four different regions of Nigeria. One of the objectives of these projects is to prevent HIV infection and facilitate access to HIV care and treatment for those that are HIV positive.
- The second objective is to provide capacity development support for local implementing partners to maintain adequate financial management, program management, operational and monitoring and evaluations systems.
- Reporting to the ACHIEVE Nigeria PD, the Finance and Grants Manager is responsible for training newly awarded local organizations in financial bookkeeping systems and grant making and management.
- The Finance and Grants Manager will travel frequently to work closely with local implementers to develop capacity in financial reporting. S/he will train staff in USG-compliant grant making all aspects related to the drafting and monitoring of CD agreements with local implementing partners.
- S/he will manage a Finance and Grants Advisor who will contribute to the training and mentoring of community-based organizations.
- S/he will ensure implementation of financial policies are in line with USG regulations and Pact policies.
- Conduct training on finance and grant systems for newly-awarded local implementing partners
- Ensure timely training of local implementers to understand and comply fully with donor requirements
- Develop CD Partnership Agreements to guide the capacity building of each local organization
- Ensure that project systems for CD Partnership Agreements are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or to the donor as required
- Support ACHIEVE Nigeria buy-in workplan and budget development
- Organize and conduct financial and grants management trainings for local partners as related to project activity plans
- Support project reporting, including semi-annual and annual reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 -9 years of professional experience with an MS/MA/MBA or 9 - 11 years professional experience and a BS/BA.
- At least two years prior experience in managing PEPFAR/USAID-funded HIV/AIDS programs
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation, including use of the NUPAS tool
- Experience drafting and managing grants for USAID funded programs
- Experience training on finance and compliance for USG funded projects
- Experience managing operations for an international organization with multiple funding streams
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
- Accountant Job at Lifecrest Medical Services Ltd
- Accountant Job at Capital Corp Limited
- Internal Audit Manager Job at a reputable company
- Finance Officer Job at International Rescue Committee
- Credit Officer Job at Capital Corp Limited
- Account Manager Job at Thiery Technologies Nigeria Limited
- Cashier Job at KONGA
- Accountant Job at Trinity Finance Limited
- Qualified Audit Trainee Recruitment at Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited
- Audit Associate Job at Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited