Finance Consultant Job at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Consultant
Job Location: FCT, Abuja
- The purpose of this role is to support Finance and Human Resource department on Timesheet management and reconciliation from Plan International Nigeria’s inception to date as well as prepare apportioned and shared cost staff cost recovery.
- This is to ensure that all timesheets for staff reflect the amount of time spent on respective projects.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria only. The post holder will contribute towards;
- Reconciling timesheets submitted to Human Resource department thus interfacing with both Finance and Human Resource departments
- Ensure staff costs are recovered from Projects for all apportioned and shared cost staff
- Timesheets are available for staff for all the years
- Compute the hours on the timesheet by making use of the SAP posted OHDS/Zjournal documents from finance.
- Support the Finance & Operations Manager – To review whether staff costs charged on to projects agree with the hours indicated on the timesheets.
- Complete a Staff cost recovery template for apportioned and shared cost staff and ensure its periodic update.
- Arrange the time sheets month by month from inception to date and file accordingly.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Finance Management.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Fluency in English language required.
- Preferred qualifications: knowledge of and experience with key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Provides good and adequate support to enable programmes to meet its agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
- Finance Services Manager Job at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Unit Head Job at Capital Express Assurance Limited
- Financial Planner Job at Capital Express Assurance Limited
- Debt Collection Agent Job at The Workplace Centre Limited
- Audit trainee
- Audit Senior
- Account Officer Job at Trans-Nationwide Express Plc (TRANEX)
- Junior Accountant Job at Groth HQ
- Investment Analyst Job at Lidya Global
- Collections Associate Job at Lidya Global