Finance Manager Job at Axios Foundation Nigeria
The Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organisation dedicated to increasing access to quality healthcare and building local capacity in the health sector in Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely recording of financial information and preparing all required financial statements and reports.
- Prepare and control annual and quarterly budgets for the Organization and for other significant events.
- Monitor budget performance and prepare budget performance review reports.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the time and billing system.
- Ensure timely and accurate inputting of all hours and related expenses by staff into the time billing system.
- Manage Axios Foundation Nigeria field accounts system, review chart of accounts, generate reports as needed for project reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Responsible for preparing local staff payroll and accompanying schedules (Tax, Pension) and ensures compliance with all project legal requirements, including employee taxes, pension fund contribution and national housing scheme.
- Manage all statutory related compliance and requirements including tax returns, VAT reporting, and Withholding Tax.
- Oversight of accounting and tracking of fixed assets additions, including maintenance of fixed asset records.
- Liaise with the bank on banking activities like setting up new accounts, adding new signatures, exchange rates, banking fees and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team to protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Training and mentoring of Finance Officer to ensure all costs are understood and reported accurately.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements and assisting with financial and tax audits as the need arises.
- Other financial and related tasks as required by the Director of Finance and Administration.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Accounting or Financial Management. Accounting certifications to professional bodies such as CPA, ACCA, CA, and ICAEW is required
- At Least 5 -7 years experience in accounting and finance with minimum of 3 years in an NGO
- Proven experience in grants and contract management, procurement procedures would be an advantage
- Familiar with multi-currency transactions management
- Experience and knowledge of Nigerian tax laws
- Capacity to take initiative and to work in teams
- Ability to work with international organizations, government officials, non-governmental organizations and the private sector
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Dynamics Great Plains would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter (explaining suitability for the job) and comprehensive CV as a single attachment (in MS word or PDF document) to: email@example.com
- Please indicate the Position as the subject of your e-mail and header of your Cover Letter.
- Applications without a cover letter stating suitability, will be rejected.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Mid Level Accountant Job at the Space
- Accountant Job at Robeck Locks Limited
- Accounting Coordinator Job at Ideanet Intellectual Property Limited
- Accountant Job at iPlanett Systems
- Internal Control Officer Job at Olohi Integrated Farms Limited
- Accountant Job at Vincintore Limited
- Credit Risk Analyst Job at Vincintore Limited
- Finance Officer Job at Oxfam
- Accountant Job at Ezyride Luxury Taxi
- Account Officer Job at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited