Financial Manager Job at Owens and Xley Consults
Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensures that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial Manager
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to hire an experienced and qualified Financial Manager for our organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement an annual budget for business operations
- Oversee and supervise the financial and management accounting functions
- Develop and implement financial forecasting plans.
- Work with the Business Director to manage effective relations with regulators and auditors.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of accounts payables and receivables.
- Prepare frequent data driven financial reports that champions a better grasp of the company’s financial status, both current and future.
- Assist the Business Director with costing and pricing of apparels.
- Liaise with the inventory officer on stock level and ensure procurements of required stock before stock out.
- Carry out periodic inventory reconciliations.
- Ensure prompt payment of all bank transactions.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Ensure optimum financing structure (debt and equity)
- Compile withholding tax and value added tax, PAYEE, and other statutory payments.
- Calculate net salaries, deductions, withholdings and deliver payment.
- Provide advisory to management on how to cut costs, improve revenue and boost profits.
- Keep informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other business-related field
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ICAN, ACCA (Student Membership minimum)
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Accountant.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practice and procedures
- Possess strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/ process
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as global best practices
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, sumif etc.).
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
N200,000 Monthly with other benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the email.
- Administrative & Accounts Officer Job at Findrex Travels and Tours
- Internal Audit Officer Job at Transnational Zamiva Services
- Accountant Recruitment at Vesa Fisheries Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at Sunsteel Industries Limited
- Finance Manager Job at British American Tobacco
- Account Officer Job at Inguest Global Partners Limited
- Admin & Finance Officer Job at CTG Global
- Accountant Job at Sinbol Ltd
- Accountant Job at Virtual PALyn
- Junior Accountant Job at Health Emergency Initiative (HEI)