Head, Internal Auditor
Vixa Pharmaceutical Company Limited a well established Nigerian Pharmaceutical Company, Founded by Chief Ebuka Okafor an entrepreneur with vast experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Vixa Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd has come of age with an imposing record of more than 10 years of meeting the needs in healthcare through a range of globally sourced, Best-In-Class-Drugs. Vixa Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd was incorporated in 1998 with the sole aim of manufacturing and marketing Pharmaceutical products.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Position: Head, Internal Auditor
Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, often managing a team of auditors.
- Evaluates the system of internal controls to determine operational, business and financial risks.
- Coordinates audit work with and directs other team members, and completes audit with a sense of urgency from planning to report issuance.
- Continuously review /assess the business and operational risks facing the Organization in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring frameworks.
- Rapidly develops an understanding of business operations and systems under review and creates clear supporting documentation.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the MD on the activities of the Internal Audit function including findings and overall assessment of the Organization control environment.
- Interpret and analyze reports /data to identify possible risk exposure and advice the MD on risk exposure – internally and externally.
- Oversee performance analysis and review of key financial ratios and indicators such as capital adequacy and reserve ratios to ensure compliance with management’s established range/targets.
- Develop and implement an annual internal audit plan and ensure compliance with approved plans.
- Establish and communicate the scope and objectives for internal audits to the appropriate groups/departments within the organization.
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required by the organization.
- Conducts thorough audit testing to validate that controls are operating.
- Reviews audit work of other team members.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Perform any other duties that complement the internal control systems of the Company.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor degree and Master degree in Accounting and other related course.
- Professional qualification in Auditing/Accounting body
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in a reputable organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices.
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law.
- Knowledge of financial recordkeeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Planning and Time Management skills.
- Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis.
- High Tenacity and Ethics standards based on principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality.
- Technology Proficient (Sage, excel, word, and other relevant software).
Note: Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Van Sales Representative Job at Pavoreal Industries Limited
- Internal Audit Executive Job at Total Health Trust Limited
- Sales Representative
- Bookkeeping / Admin Officer
- Accountant / Store Keeper
- Internal Control & Audit Manager at Innovectives LLC
- Client Service Operations Officer
- Accounting and Auditing Jobs at Libra Motors Limited
- Latest Job Opportunities at Women Friendly Initiative (WFI)
- Accountant Job at DreamLabs Nigeria Limited