Head of Finance Department
German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, international non-governmental organisation founded in 1957. It has its headquarters in Wuerzburg, Germany.
We are recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced person, to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head of Finance Department
Job Location: Enugu
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the finances of the country office according to GLRA guidelines and project budgets according to the funding guidelines/ donor regulations in collaboration with the Management Team and DAHW Headquarters
- Prepare budgets, budget controls, budget amendments and forecasts covering all lines of expenses for GLRA and donor funded projects
- Arrange for the planning and implementation of the external and internal auditing for GLRA and donor projects
- Secure the overall financial quality and integrity (including the prevention of corruption & fraud) of the GLRA programme in Nigeria
- Supervise and train a team of accountants arid ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and ensure that all expenses are within approved project budget lines
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and capacity building of the finance department
- Support and mentor state teams as well as other staff in financial management and reporting for effective operation of project activities
- Ensure appropriate and timely financial reporting
- Evaluate and discuss with the Management Team on cost-reducing solutions and investments
- Ensures timely preparation of payment vouchers and cheques.
- Checking of payment vouchers and retirement of advances to ensure completeness and correctness of documents
- Ensure daily posting of financial transactions in WINPACCS, QuickBooks and maintain financial records.
- Review procurements and purchases process to ensure compliance with GLRA policies and donor regulations before payment to vendors
- Ensure proper cash management including receipts and payments
- Monitor project expenditures and reports to ensure that programme funds are utilized appropriately
- Prepare financial reports as at when due (monthly, quarterly. etc.) and submit to headquarters and donors
- Review monthly staff payroll and seek approval for payment of staff salaries
- Oversee the remittance of staff pension to pension fund managers
- Ensure remittance of staff tax deduction to Federal and Stale Inland Revenue Boards.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc/ BA/ HND in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Either ICAN/ANAN/ACA/ACCA or CPA certification
- Proven work experience as Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- At least 5 years experience in grant management in a dynamic & multi-cultural international NGO setting with excellent accounting skills
- Knowledge of international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements is essential
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and accounting software
- Leadership abilities
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skill and attention to details
Additional Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Competence in modem training skits and/or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant field is a plus.
- Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The post requires occasional travel in country.
Note: Only Candidates under consideration will be contacted for interview and test.
- Accountant Job at Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- Finance and Administration Manager Recruitment at Save the Children
- Accountant Job at a reputable company
- Account Officer Job at LandWey Investment Limited
- Connect Rail Services Limited Recruitment for Management Accountant
- Corporate Finance Analyst Recruitment at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Account Officer
- Accountant Job at Joje Hospital
- Finance Manager Job at Tyonex Nigeria Limited