Head, Support Services Job at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. a subsidiary of the Sahara Power Group housed along the Lagos Lagoon, is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Presently, the largest privately owned generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa with an Installed Capacity of 1320 MW. Egbin Power Plant was built to meet the ever rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs with plans to expand its generation capacity to exceed 5,000MW within the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head, Support Services
Job Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Senior Manager/Supervisor
- We seek an individual who will coordinate the administrative support activities for the plant, offices, residential estate and facilities, fleet management, oversee the management of contract staffs and ensure efficient and effective delivery of support services including workstation setup, repairs, vehicle request, boat services, janitorial services etc. to all personnel within Egbin.
- In addition, coordinate, oversee and drive Egbin lifestyle activities & initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion the articulation and implementation of effective processes and procedures for facilities management, fleet management in Egbin Power Plc. and recommend measures to optimize and manage all the assets and facilities at Egbin Power Plc.
- Translate the department’s strategic direction and objectives into plans and programs, and communicate to subordinates ensuring mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountability.
- Supervise the provision and management of general office administration services including workstation setup, replacement of office furniture, office facility repairs & maintenance etc.
- Assume primary responsibility for managing contracts with vendors and proactively manage vendor relationships to ensure adherence to service level agreements. Such services include: janitorial services, facilities management and fleet management etc.
- Coordinate and manage activities relating to transport services; boat and fleet management ensuring compliance with the organization’s operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Coordinate Egbin Power Plc.’s transport and maintenance service to ensure a smooth operation of plant fleet.
- Oversee the monitoring, tracking and maintenance of the organization’s utilities, office facilities, sport center, other property/ real estate (club house & Gym) and develop suitable procedures and systems to optimize and manage the organization’s facilities.
- Oversee the coordination of all User Interface Unit (UIU) activities and distribution of token in a timely & prompt manner
- Oversee and manage the fleet of vehicles & boats for the Plant and coordinate the activities of drivers & pilots towards the provision of quality transport services.
- Proactively survey internal customer satisfaction levels to assess the performance of the Support Services department in executing its responsibilities.
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of Egbin Power Plc.’s office and residential facilities, and oversee the excellent performance of maintenance activities in these facilities.
- Review and authorize allocation of unit in line with approved unit allotted to estate residence.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget for the Support Services department and take corrective action in case of any variation.
- Prepare and compile agreed activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO.
- Coach, mentor and conduct performance appraisal for subordinates on a timely basis
- Review periodic status reports on the unit’s activities, make recommendations and observations where necessary
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the CEO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Education and Work Experience:
- MBA/M.Sc with Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in any discipline, preferably in the Social Sciences.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years cognate experience in a similar role.
- Relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic appreciation of the power sector and its dynamics.
- Good understanding of Egbin Power Plc.’s business operations.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills
- Contract management skills
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Good communication, relationship management and networking skills.
- Understanding of facility and fleet management processes and practices.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Regional Admin / Facilities Manager Job at A leading Conglomerate
- Managing Director Job at A leading independent Oil and Gas exploration and production company
- Operations Manager Job at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Lead Impact Job at MasterCard Nigeria
- General Manager Job at FSDT Consulting
- Operations Manager Job at IBIC Investment Holdings
- Hotel General Manager Job at An Ultra-modern Hotel
- Factory Supervisor Job at Casas El Solidas Limited
- Facility Manager and Coordinator Job at Avant Facilities Services Limited
- Regional Sales Manager Job in a Renewable Energy company