HR Admin / Logistics Assistant Job at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) is a woman-led organization born out of passion for the well-being of Women and Children in Nigeria. It has a special interest in mitigating the suffering of vulnerable persons (mostly Women & Children) in times of crisis. Currently, the organization has focused its attention on the North East of Nigeria with special emphasis on Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states (the BAY states) due to the decade-old crises.
COWACDI intervenes through a community-based approach in addressing Gender-Based Violence prevention and response programmes, child protection, peace-building programmes, and empowerment of youth and women. COWACDI operates with full respect for humanitarian law and works with concrete policies and principles of international standards such as humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence, and accountability to the affected population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HR Admin / Logistics Assistant
Job Location: Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- Key Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the HR Admin Coordinator and in collaboration with the finance and procurement/logistics and other program team members, the role will:
- Co-ordinate office equipment/supplies by ensuring that all items and equipment necessary for effective day to day activities in the office are in good working condition.
- Pro-actively identify potential problems affecting the running of the office, proposing solutions to Line Manager and work to put them in place.
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Ensure effective admin support to COWACDI Programs. Provide regular Support to heads of various departments or Field offices on Admin related issues.
- Ensure the COWACDI Office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies (consumables, stationery, equipment) etc., that are fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable all staff to operate with maximum efficiency
- Manage and supervise the Janitor/Volunteer cleaners.
- In coordination with line manager, develop and manage plans for office seating to ensure that all staff are suitably accommodated
- Raise monthly administrative/running cost budget for the purchase of goods and services required for day to day running of COWACDI office.
- Supervise the maintenance of COWACDI office premises, furniture, fittings and all equipment through regular servicing to ensure they are in a fully functioning state.
- Event coordination and planning – make sure adequate support is given for all events ensuring transparency and value for money.
- Ensure admin stores are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Ensure processes are in place for receiving and issuing out items in the store
- Ensure that administrative support is provided to other departments i.e., dealing with correspondence e-mails/ letters, filing and photocopying.
- Maintain a system for recording expenses.
- Receive invoice and review for accuracy.
- Respond to and resolve administrative inquiries and questions.
- Ensure effective and timely provision of office supplies, utilities (electricity, water, internet, office phone) and essential services such as waste collection, cleaning/sanitation of the office, toilets, surroundings and tea/coffee to employees.
- Ensure that computers are protected from viruses; maintain efficient utilization of administrative services: fax, telephone, courier, communication radio, photocopier services, etc.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff, equal opportunity and other relevant policies.
- Ensure office facilities, computers and accessories are in good condition and at all times ready for use.
- File documents and correspondence in their respective file holders as per the established filing keys and procedures.
- Submit monthly report to line manager on admin related function and activities.
- Perform any other duty assigned
Procurement and logistics:
- Assist to plans and develop all procurement activities within the delegation of Authority and contractual aspects of the procurements for the provision of various Goods & Services, considering local economic and other conditions.
- Assist in timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation.
- Support in requisitioning offices/units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of the request for quotations and conducts all aspects of quotations evaluation.
- Assists in the procurement process for assigned activities
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within the prescribed time, cost, and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports and provides oversight, and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Educational Qualification & Experience Requirements
- University Degree / HND in Business Administration.
- Experience: 2 - 3 years of proven working experience as a Procurement/ Admin Personnel.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Good (ability to type and prepare reports and other documents as needed.)
- Works on complex issues.
- Problems and issues, risks and benefits may have implications across several projects’ components.
- Required to develop new ways of doing things to better meet operational and program goals requiring creative or analytical ability.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV in a single PDF format to email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the email.
- Human Resources Officer Job at Merigage Limited
- Human Resources Business Partner Job at Support Pro by SalesPlatpro
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at HRBP Limited
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at Costarchem Nigeria Limited
- Human Resources Assistant Job at Wemy Industries Limited
- Logistics Sales Executive Job at OMOROY
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Human Resources & Administration Head Job at H. Pierson Associates Limited
- Human Resources Generalist Job at President Paints Nigeria Limited
- Human Resource Officer Job at Confederated Facilitators Limited