HSE Coordinator Job at NASCON Allied Industries Plc
NASCON Allied Industries Plc, etablished in 1973 (previously known as NASCON Plc), a registered company in Nigeria, was established as a salt refining establishment under the name National Salt Company (NASCON). The company has since evolved with additional business lines to include Vegetable Oil, Tomato Paste and Seasoning with production facilities in Lagos State (Apapa and Oregun), Ogun State (Ota), Rivers State (Port Harcourt). The leading player in Salt in Nigeria, NASCON has its footprint throughout Nigeria with expanding market share across our categories.
A member of the Dangote Group of companies, NASCON is squarely committed to achieving the mission and vision of the group through our products and every interaction
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HSE Coordinator
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To perform and initiate activities that are in support of environmental health and safety initiatives.
- Manage facility safety processes to protect employees, the company, the environment, and provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- To ensure effective and efficient compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and agencies.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of HSE officers across sites
- Continually improve, evaluate, implement, and maintain health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to protect employees and comply with company, state, federal and local regulations.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and conduct safety, orientation, and quality training in a manner that raises employee awareness and enables employees and supervisors to work safely.
- Develop and administer plant safety and environmental initiatives and lead to continuous improvement.
- Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections and audits are completed as necessary to comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Oversee hazardous waste storage area, waste reduction monitoring, and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling, containment, proper disposal, and documentation.
- Perform technical writing, SOP creation, and document control duties as required by HSE Manager.
- Keep updated on safety and environmental regulation changes that affect the organization.
- Collate daily, weekly, and monthly H&S report from site/plant.
- Ensure there are no non-conformance from any of the sites on H&S related issue from regulators
- Analyze and report H&S unsafe acts and conditions trend for each plant/site.
- Plan and conduct H&S training for all staff
Qualification / Experience
- First degree in related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work-related experience in manufacturing, construction, Offshore/onshore sectors.
- Good experience in policy drafting/formulation and administration of safety policies
- Relevant safety certification such as NEBOSH, ISO 45001:2018/18001:2007, ISO 14001:2015, Grad.ISOH, ISPON. required.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines for the work environment.
- Awareness of latest proceedings in federal and state policies as regards to Health, safety, and environment.
- Exhibits knowledge of appropriate emergency protocols.
- Demonstrates familiarity with plant machinery and products.
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback.
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should email a CV and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: NASCONcareers@dangote.com
- HSE Fire and Hole Watcher Job at BGI Energy Services Limited
- Current Recruitment Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc
- Site HSE Officer Job at BSS Consulting
- QHSE Advisor Job at Onstream Group
- QHSE Officer Job at Taewoo LP Ltd
- QHSE Manager Job at BIC® products
- Safety Officer Job at Karbak Ven Limited
- Sales and Service Technician
- Dangote Group Recruitment for HSE Officer - Clinker Terminal
- Health & Safety Officer Job at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited