Human Resources and Performance Management Expert Recruitment at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources and Performance Management Expert - USAID E-WASH Project
Job Locations: Imo, Sokoto, Taraba, Abia, Niger and Delta
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) Project. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government's (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project, is seeking to identify dynamic and technically strong Organizational Development Consultants to support the development of utility organizational structure, and human resource management tools in the State Water Boards of Imo, Sokoto, Taraba, Abia, Niger and Delta States.
The Consultants are expected to spend lengthy periods in the SWB in order to complete the assignment. The assignment is for a range of days depending on the scope of the assignment as indicated below.
- This assignment will be implemented by Experts collectively working and coordinating to materialize the overall objective of this assignment
- It needs to be clarified that by the time corresponding consultancy agreements for this assignment are issued, the utility would have developed the vision, mission and objectives of the utility
- The Technical Consultants selected to execute this assignment shall develop a project implementation schedule, alongside other data gathering tools (for both quantitative and qualitative data) and present to the E-WASH Team for clearance
- With the direction of the EWASH Team Lead, the Consultants shall hold high level stakeholders meeting, several one-on-one interview meetings with key/ principal officers in the Water Utility
- The Experts are also expected to conduct focus group discussion with members of staff of the utility (where necessary) to gather data that shall be synthesized, analyzed, and presented into a report
- Where necessary, administer questionnaires and survey at random on a population of the utility’s customers
- The selected Experts would carry out workshops to discuss the Organizational reform planning and development with relevant stakeholders
- Comprehensive consultations would be considered while developing all necessary plans and strategies and must be validated in workshops
- In addition to the reports as described herein, the Consultants shall make an oral presentation on the study and its recommendations in a workshop to be attended by stakeholders across policy, SWB and legislators etc.
Objectives of the Assignment
The assignment has three cardinal objectives:
- To develop a robust organizational structure that can fit into and sustain the utility under corporatization arrangements
- To develop utility Human Resource management instruments and policies/ guidelines and procedures
- To prepare the utility staff and leadership for transition into a corporate organization
- An inception report, describing how the consultant intends to carry out the assignment and an unveiling of key parameters that might not have been obvious at the RFP stage;
- Conduct a survey on remuneration and incentive packages offered by other utilities and provide alternatives for consideration towards a competitive remuneration scheme.
- Provide guidelines for the introduction and application of a result-based staff performance evaluation system;
- Performance-based contract templates
- Recommend a clear performance contracts monitoring mechanism for the utility and zonal offices;
- Recommend a strategy for incentives and penalties based on performance.
- Prepare a person specific performance management plans.
- Utility management instruments such as: SOPs, operational manual, hand books, succession plan, staff retention and disengagement plan, compensation plan, staff development policy, person-specific performance management plans for the utility
- Prepare recruitment and selection processes for new personnel.
- Develop a human resources development strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant should have at least a Degree in Administration, Sociology or relevant fields. A Master's Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in utility management with a proven track record in Human resources assessment, career development and training, performance management and monitoring
- Sector-specific experience on similar assignments and working in a donor-funded environment would be an advantage.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: STTA@ewash.rti.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail (e.g Human Resources and Performance Management Expert Abia).
- On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the e-mail subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying
- Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to
- HR Executive Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Chief Human Resource Officer Job at Rejuvenate 360 Holdings
- Human Resources Business Partner Job at Microsoft Nigeria
- Human Resource Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
- Sales / Recruitment Consultant (INTERN)
- Human Resource (HR) Administrator Job at Lotus Media
- HR Manager Job at Ebbinos Consulting Limited
- Digital Marketer (Entry Level)
- HR / Finance Manager
- Admin / HR Assistant Job at Engineering Automation Technology Limited