INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The overview of the role is to support and advise the National Association in the development of partnerships with institutions, in order to significantly diversify and increase the financial resources available for national programs. S/he will work with the National Director and the Program Team to mobilize institutional funding for the Organization. He/she develops and implements institutional partnership strategies and is a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio as well as day to day donor relationship management with bilateral donors, international organizations, governmental institutions, embassies and any other concerned national or international organizations
Tasks and Responsibilities:
a) Fundraising and Donor Liaison
- Identify institutional partnership opportunities at the national local level (from bilateral, multilateral, international organizations and embassies and foundations).
- Coordinate with the program team to conduct assessments and feasibility studies that inform program design as well as Conduct background research relevant for designing projects.
- Coordinate and write program proposals and be the link between program, finance and submit this to potential institutional donors.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
- Working with the National Director, be the link between the Organization and donors especially in the management of institutional funding contracts as well as ensuring regular communication with the Organization and International and Regional Offices.
- Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting and making sure that donor requirements are met during the project implementation phase.
- Prepare and submit IPD monthly updates and quarterly reports to the Regional Office.
b) Donor Contract Management
- Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of institutional (restricted) grants, including contract preparation, development of consortium agreements, teaming agreements compliance with donor requirements, submission of reports.
- Develop and maintain a mechanism for management of institutional contracts.
- Ensure all funding files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date.
- Undertake routine donor contract administration for country programmes including maintenance of records on donor contracts.
- Establish a close working relationship with the Finance Department and provide advice to ensure synergy in donor budgeting, contract management and reporting.
d) Strategy, Capacity Building
- Develop and implement an institutional fundraising and partnership strategy in line with the needs of the Organization and ensure this is infused within the national plans.
- Review and implement the recommendations of the donor market survey.
- Train and support relevant staff in Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach among other models and approaches.
- Build fundraising capacity within the programme team, by training staff on funding policies, donor relations, reporting, contract management, etc.
e) Partnership Development and Networking
- Establish and maintain regular contact with donors by organizing donor roundtables, face to face meetings, attending donor forums etc
- Negotiate collaboration with partner institutions and government departments in support of the Organization, subject to approval from the National Director.
- Assess and where possible develop partnerships and consortiums with other like-minded organizations for purposes of bidding for large donor projects.
- Represent the Organization in sector level meetings (development and humanitarian/emergency) and other networking forums and use this to aggressively develop funding partnerships.
- Participate in regional IPD networking and training forums and contribute to development of new IPD strategies to improve practice.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A holder of at least Bachelor degree in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, International Relations or related field). A Master degree will be an added advantage.
- A thorough understanding of program design and development especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihoods, Gender and GBV, Child Protection, etc.
- He/she should have 3-5 years extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a thorough understanding of development programming.
- Experience in social science research; the candidate should have extensive experience conducting assessments, evaluations etc.
- A thorough understanding of DCM, PCM and training approaches is required.
- The Candidate should possess strong competencies in leadership and innovation; is flexible, self-driven and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and under strict deadlines.
- The candidate should have excellent skills in proposal and report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills with the ability to represent the Organization in donor forums, and develop partnerships with other NGOs.
- Experience of capacity building for non-funding staff in all aspects of funding and contract compliance.
- Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 80% and kick-start your international career with a European degree in 2021!
- Safety and Security Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
- Federal Ministry Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award 2021 / 2022
- 2020 SPDC JV Regional LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme
- Guiness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 / 2021
- Assessment Team Leader at Solidarites International
- UN Women Recruitment for National Consultant
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor Job at FHI 360
- Program Intern Recruitment at Mercy Corps
- CHURCH WORKERS