Intern, Software Development (Geospatial) Job at eHealth Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Intern, Software Development (Geospatial)
Job Location: Kano
Purpose of the position
- The Intern GIS Developer will work closely with other product teams of software developers, GIS and data analysts, designers and DevOps engineers to develop usable and useful software solutions and services.
- The ideal person for this role loves to learn and collaborate with users and other team members to create the perfect technical solution to user challenges.
- S/He will use the organization’s approved software development tools and frameworks to develop those solutions based on user needs and feedback to deliver product high-quality outputs
What you’ll do
The Intern Software Developer will support eHA’s GIS & Analytics department under the supervision of the Technical Lead, GIS & Analytics Development by performing the following:
- Design and develop software applications as required by eHA and our donors, using the organization’s approved software development tools and frameworks
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in existing software applications
- Learn and Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting and analytics.
- Work in an agile product team of product owners, other software developers, GIS and data analysts, designers and DevOps engineers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain both web-& mobile-based applications
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements. Prepare technical design documentation.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Final year student, NYSC or Bachelor’s degree from a university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field.
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Good understanding of Python scripting language and it’s frameworks e.g Django, flask
- Good understanding of RESTful API design, usage, and best practices.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates using Web APIs and Callbacks
- Good understanding of databases and SQL.
- Ability to use Github for version control
- Familiarity with front-end build tools e.g Node, NPM, Grunt, Gulp,, Webpack, Yeoman
- Good understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
- Basic knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems and environments.
- Basic Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Familiar with the creation of software and architecture designs.
- High level of creativity and strong apt for learning new skills
- Teamwork oriented with sound communication skills
- Fluent in English
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- Computer Software Officer at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Software Engineer Job at FairMoney Nigeria
- Android Developer Job at NetPlusDotCom
- Digital Marketer / Communications Manager at Bizpool Africa
- Website & IT Manager at Bizpool Africa
- Remote Mobile Developer (Flutter) at Urban Hive Nigeria
- Social Media Officer Job at Deangelo Limited
- Product Analyst Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Full Stack Developer Job at Proten Internationa