Internal Control Officer Job at Kuda Bank
Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world's smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading 'Neobank' for Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Control Officer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Internal Audit
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for someone to ensure that potential risks and controls are adequately identified, measured appropriately, and recommendations implemented.
- The successful candidate will work in partnership with all stakeholders.
- The role will be reporting directly to the Team Lead of Internal Control.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the Internal Controls Framework
- Internal control checks and records to safeguard company assets.
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy or fraud is noticed.
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Daily Independent Call Over of all qualifying Transactions within 24 hours of posting and where practicable real-time and as may be advised from time to time.
- Ensuring the integrity of the general ledger through reconciliations and review of the fixed assets register.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all open issues in the Internal Audit Report, Management letter, Regulatory Examiners Report, and other Statutory Examiners Report involving departments under your purview.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Internal Control role
- ACA/ACCA certification is an added advantage.
- The Ideal candidate is a critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control environment.
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Fintech experience is an added advantage.
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
- Internal Auditor Job at Premium Swiss Hotels and Resorts
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Job at Goldplates Feast House
- Resident Internal Auditor Job at Sundry Foods Limited
- Account Assistant Job at Kuddy Cosmetics
- Unit Accountant Job at Sundry Foods Limited
- Depot Accountant Job at Wemy Industries Limited
- Treasury Manager Job at Robert Walters
- Senior Accountant Job in Lagos
- Accountant Job at Teco Group Limited
- Field Recovery Officer Job at Beyond Credit