Inventory Account Manager Job at Asharami Energy Limited
Asharami Energy Limited, a Sahara Group Company, is an oil exploration and production company with a strategy to deliver long term and sustainable growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Inventory Account Manager
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for monitoring and recording all inventory transactions in the general ledger. Identify ideal inventory method, implement, monitor and ensure adequate control mechanism.
- Oversee the entire inventory process from stock inflow and outflow. Provide real time Inventory position and monetary value of stock.
- Monitor timely and accurate capture of all inventory transactions: inflows and outflows
- Generate and analyze inventory data to determine and advise inventory cost, selling price and profit margin
- Update and maintain daily, weekly and monthly inventory report and position
- Manage the monthly financial closing for the inventory and costing processes
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required
- Identify inventory variances and causes and reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Analyze inventory related overhead cost and variable cost to ensure proper cost allocation
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and maintain count records
- Provide expert advice and timely information as regards inventory to management and other units to aid decision making
- Provide information to the Commercial department to enable pricing decisions
- Oversee the entire inventory process and ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Adhoc duties as advised by the company Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong grasp of IFRS accounting and general accounting concepts
- Must possess knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria
- ERP experience required, strong preference for Oracle experience
- Must have knowledge of different inventory valuation methods
- Must be able to do complex analysis required to find and address inventory variances.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Relevant Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA , CIMA or CPA
- At least 5 years post-NYSC work experience in a similar role.
- Business management experience across a range of business disciplines
- Agility to commit to an action based on logical assumptions and factual information (using analytical tools), taking into consideration resources, constraints, etc.
- Has leadership and management abilities to coordinate inventory custodians across several locations
- Possesses a passion to help team members and ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Strong analytical prowess and detail-oriented
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- External customers - including International Oil Companies
- Cross-functional with multiple departments
- External bodies such as Board of Directors, NSE, Capital Market, etc.
- Store Manager Job at Image Links West Africa
- Store Assistant Job at Image Links West Africa
- Warehouse Manager Job at Crystal Oilfield Services Limited
- Supply Chain Clerk Job at Prisdav Consulting
- Supply Chain Officer Job at Prisdav Consulting
- Supply Chain Analyst Job at Seven Up Bottling Company
- Warehouse Officer Job at Zee rice
- Asset Manager Job at Huawei Nigeria
- Stores Officer Job at Nigerian Sino Trucks Limited
- Warehouse Operator Job at Sonlink Industry Western Africa Company Limited