iOS Engineer Recruitment at Sterling Bank Plc
Sterling Bank Plc "Your one-customer bank" is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks - Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa - as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: iOS Engineer
Job Location: Nigeria
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us if you're:
- Interested in building products used by tens of thousands of customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- An IOS Engineer that is passionate about building scalable and reliable mobile applications.
We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we're happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams. As an engineer here you'd be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
About the role
What will you be doing as our IOS Engineer?
- You'll be working as part of a cross disciplinary group to clearly understand user needs, challenging assumptions, iterating quickly to learn fast, using data and running experiments to evaluate solutions to develop secure, robust, and maintainable solutions at pace.
Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including NodeJs, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes and Redis. As an IOS Engineer you will:
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the IOS platform
- Work with the Product and Design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
You should apply if:
- You love building products in cross disciplinary teams using an iterative approach, driven by customer feedback and data insight.
- You deeply care about providing a great user experience to our users, and understand the impact that technology can have on this.
- You understand the importance of prioritisation in your work to ensure a good balance between development velocity and code quality.
- You’re comfortable working with in a team that deals with ambiguity every day, not afraid to take the lead on technical and strategic decision-making.
- You are a keen learner and love sharing your knowledge with others.
- You're proud about your craft and want to apply your skills building a product that will bring value to thousands of users.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 2+ years experience with full life cycle IOS application development and publishing Apple apps in the play store.
- Worked on apps which support multiple IOS devices.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
What the hiring process looks like... typically
- Our interview process consists of an initial phone screen, a take-home code test with a call to review your solution, and a half-day on-site interview.
The on-site consists of two rounds:
- You'll meet 2 other iOS engineers. Together we'll go over some technical challenges we've faced as a company. We'll ask you to come up with designs to solve these problems, and we'll ask you questions about your experience using Swift in production.
- You'll meet 2 engineers from different disciplines. We'll go through some technical problems you've solved in the past, and we'll go through some general engineering problems together. We're not testing your knowledge, but how you respond to problems you haven't solved before.
What can you expect from us? We offer good people, inspiring work and the opportunity to help build great products as well as the following benefits:
- To ensure that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase, we review salaries every 6 months.
- Get the work-tool of your choice plus accessories to improve your workflow.
Work From Home:
- Get things done-from home or an office. We encourage everyone to work from home twice a week to keep us remote-friendly.
- 20 days paid holiday in a year-we encourage you to use them up, too! An additional month of unpaid work is also on the table!
- In building together, we're thinking about your future, too. We also care about your statutory rights.
- Regular internal knowledge sharing sessions on dedicated days. We encourage teams or individuals to share fascinating stuff.
- Online and offline access to books and subscriptions about startups, programming, design, finance and more.
Learning and Development:
- Access to local and international trainings to improve your skills.
- Socials every month including go-karting, board game nights, dinners, samba, drumming and movie nights. There’s no pressure to attend. Retreats are a thing, too.
- Private health insurance and paid sick leave (for both your physical and mental health).
Maternity And Paternity Leave:
- Babies are like products. We don't want you to miss the biggest launch of your life.
- Thrice a week. In addition, there's fresh fruits, biscuits, tea/coffee and soft drinks in the office—you're in for a treat!
- We care about your wellbeing—physical and mental. While you're building products, you might as well as well build your body and mind
- We understand that everyone's situation is different, that you may be able to dedicate more or less time to our hiring process, or have other restrictions
- If any of our process is challenging for you and you'd like us to offer alternative or special arrangements, please let us know. We're committed to finding the right people, and don't want anyone to be excluded because of their circumstances.
- Questions about this role? Send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Operations Manager
- Implementation Engineer
- Sharepoint Developer
- Graphics Designer (Male & Female) Job at CloudWare Technologies
- Backend Developer (Male & Female) Job at CloudWare Technologies
- PHP / Laravel Backend Web Developer Job at Snapnet Limited
- Front-End Software Developer Job at ByteWorks Technology Solutions
- Graphics Designer Job at Bazuze
- Java Developer Job at Tezza Business Solutions Limited
- Network Engineer Job at Edojobs