KYC Compliance Officer at Paga
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose - to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: KYC Compliance Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Risk & Compliance Associate
Sector: Consumer Finance
- The KYC (Know-Your-Customer) compliance Officer is responsible for opening, amending, reviewing and exiting customers according to established policies and procedures
- The officer should also review customer accounts and detect and report irregularities in KYC data or account behaviour
- The ideal candidate should also be of high ethical standard, analytical and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- B.Sc / B.A or equivalent Degree.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Show Strong research and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to learn and use application and web portals
- Ability to learn and review applicable regulations.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and to liaise with other departments
- Ability to learn fast
- Attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful
- Good team player
- Self- driven and hardworking
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Perform due diligence on new customers by reviewing and verifying their KYC documentation and making an analytical risk assessment based on information provided;
- Appropriately place customers on the right KYC level according to information provided.
- Periodically evaluate existing customers according to established policies and procedures;
- Maintain continuous contact with customers in order to keep customer file and KYC records updated.
- Process and amend customer KYC records;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
- Perform further investigation on identified suspicious customers and report to the AML compliance officer;
- Responsible for a good understanding of due diligence regulations, and internal policies and procedures;
- Periodically review KYC records for completeness and validity that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date; ensuring that due diligence standards are complied with;
- Ensure compliance with all Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws, regulations, guidelines, written procedures; OFAC, CIP, KYC, customer / transaction monitoring.
- Investigate high risk clients and report where necessary, including politically exposed persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete their record;
- Other specific projects or task which may rise from time to time.
- Risk Advisor Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- LOAN MONITORING & RECOVERY OFFICER (Lagos)
- Credit Risk Analyst (Akure/Enugu/Sokoto)
- Audit and Compliance Officer Job at County Finance Limited
- Compliance Manager Job at Bookminders Nigeria
- Internal Audit, Control and Compliance Officer Recruitment
- Compliance Manager Job at Asset and Equity Group
- Risk Officer Job at a reputable Bank
- Risk Manager Job at Global Trust Investment Services Limited
- Risk Analyst Job at MKOBO MICROFINANCE BANK