Legal Counsel Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Legal Counsel
Job Location: Nigeria
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident with standard working hours, 5 days a week
- Services to be performed by the CONTRACTOR shall include the following, but without limitation:
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to relevant Company departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to company (PHC District) and its Departments via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the company’s asset departments in all matters including in its liaison with co-venturers, as applicable.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel (and where applicable, COVs legal representatives) with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings involving the company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Provide broad based litigation management support including case review, provision of facts for defence, witness identification and preparation.
- Maintain litigation/property and other records, prepare periodic work reports and updates.
- Serve as company representative and provide legal support during negotiations of any kind involving company including MOU negotiations with host communities.
- Provide legal support to contract engineers in the contracts & procurement department in the adaption of existing contract templates and also deal with exceptions and variations to contract terms raised by prospective contractors.
- Prepare and draft agreements /contracts, leases and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations with company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies.
- Carry out any other tasks or activities assigned by the Legal Manager or the General Counsel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B)
- Barrister at Law (B.L.) a Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar
- Not less than 6-8 years cognate legal experience
- ACCION Microfinance Bank Limited Recruitment for Legal Officer
- Legal Assistant Job at a Government sponsored Organization
- Legal Officer Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Legal Officer Job at ValueFronteira Limited
- Mountain Top University Academic and Non-Academic Staff Recruitment 2019
- Senior Associate
- Legal Officer/Personal Assistant
- United Bank for Africa Regional Legal Officer Recruitment
- Legal Officer Job at ACCION Microfinance Bank Limited
- Legal Executive