Logistics Officer Job at Medecins Du Monde
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Officer
Job Location: Borno
Employment Type: Contract
The Logistics Officer Coordination works under the supervision of the Base Logco
- Fleet management
- Log Assistant, Drivers and Guard supervision,
- Energy Management
- Equipment and stocks management,
- Project team support,
- Field activity visit,
- Monthly Logistic Reporting
- Log Team management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising the logistic support Services in collaboration with the Base Logco.
- Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, Assets, utilities).
- Ensure the good weekly vehicle planning.
- In collaboration with the drivers and car, hire vehicles to ensure on-time repair & maintenance of the fleet vehicle.
- When vehicle moving for maintenance and repair, he must remove the MDM visibility and put it back when the vehicles back at the office.
- Ensure on-time repair & maintenance of Generator.
- Monitor the usage of fuel for vehicles and generator.
- Monitor local procurement of goods and services for the Base according to the MdM Procurement procedures.
- Assess the vehicle needs for a base in relation to project & office activities.
- Ensure the rehabilitation of premises, clinic & regular check.
- Ensure the participation of logistics in the selection of premises for projects & offices.
- Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone, etc.).
- In collaboration with the logco, conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to the team in the field.
- In collaboration with the log base, adaptation of team according to the workload (including daily labor & temporary recruitment)
- Provide technical support to the team on logistics’ issues
- Participate in the recruitment with the logco
- Conduct the appraisal interview for Log Assistant, drivers, and guards
- Participate in disciplinary actions
- In collaboration with the logco, identify the training needs conduct/ arrange the training for them.
- Ensure HR rules/guidelines are followed in the management of the log team.
Equipment and stock Management:
- In collaboration with the logco anticipation for the need for equipment for the base.
- Ensure the good usage and maintenance of MDM equipment, (cleaning, security, protection; maintenance) … each extra equipment must be insecure metallic locked metallic shelve locked, inventory doc must be stick inside the door of the shelves.
- Ensure the tracking of equipment (Physical inventories at least once each 3 months, ensure that all equipment is labeled, if not he must refer it to the logco.
- Update on monthly basis the asset equipment list;
- Ensure that each staff when he received equipment as a sign the reception of equipment and keep it update. (when staff give back is equipment at the end of his contract make sure after checking the equipment state the staff sign the return of equipment form;
- Ensure that each piece of equipment has an ID Number if not must refer to his supervisor,
- In case of any breakdown of any equipment, ensure that the following document is submitted at the logco.
- Report of the breakdown with complete incident report i.e. reason for the breakdown.
- With the support of the logco, make sure proper utilization of IT equipment (each staff needs to clean his laptop, not put it underwater, shadow, dusty), etc.
- Be sure that each staff has cleaning materiel his computer (small brush, tissue, computer spray)
- Ensure that the guard follow up the procedure of all Handset VHF is on charge every day after duty, and follow the procedure of before putting on a charge, empty fully the battery then start the recharge,
Base Meeting and Report:
- Participate in meetings with logistics base staff or take meeting minutes for staff base meetings as required, in close collaboration with the logco.
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the movement planning once a week,
- Participate with the logco at the monthly SITREP, each mast week of the month
- Participate with the Base Log/Admin at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (vehicle and generator fuel and maintenance follow up, Asset equipment inventory, none asset inventory, purchase follow up), etc.
- Field visit report should be done in case of any clinic visit, and send to the logco
Security and Context Follow Up:
- Inform the logco on any evolution of the local context;
- Report to the logco in case of any security incident.
- Implementation of emergency measures, if required, under the supervision of the logco.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their Applications (CV and Cover Letter in a single document file) to the "Human Resource Coordinator, Medecins Du Monde" via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Position: Nigerian nationals only
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Borno-State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- “Medecins du Monde never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to Medecins du Monde at Medecinsdumonde.net.
- Please do not submit your CV or Application to this website, it will not be considered for review”
- Storekeeper / Logistics Officer Job at Tyrbats Nigeria Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at Dondax Express Services
- Job Vacancies at LONTOR
- Dispatch Rider Job at Paulsark Consulting
- Dispatch Rider Job at Strugz
- Logistics Manager Job at ICS Outsourcing Limited
- Cargo Driver Urgently Needed
- Ongoing Recruitment at Padoserve Limited
- Logistics Officer Job at SIMS Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Kwik Delivery