Logistics Officer Job at Salient Humanitarian Organization
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Officer (for NHF Project)
Job Location: (Maiduguri base) North-East Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: September, 2020
Duration of Contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
- The Logistics Officer will be responsible for planning framework, making sure NFIs and other procurements reach their destinations safely, securely, and on-time
- He will constitute Part of supply chain management in charge of governing transportation efforts, including a range of professionals from logistics coordinators to truck drivers, warehouse managers to dispatch professionals.
- Develop logistics along with support plans, budget requirements and deployment timelines for new operations.
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans.
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently.
- Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective release of NFIs along with personnel.
- Ensure all supervised staff members are trained as well as cross-trained adequately.
- Identify added logistic training requirements to attain high working standards.
- Ensure logistics requirements take gender-specific needs into consideration.
- Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to general benefit of all project partners.
- Develop reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Guide and oversee performance of new and junior logistics officers.
- Degree / HND / ND in Administrative / Business, Marketing, Procurement or any other related course;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts (Experience working in logistics preferred);
- Technical in warehousing management.
- Attention to detail, Strong time management skills, Communication skills, Ability to work well with others, Organisation skills, Quality management skills, Works well with deadlines, Knowledge of logistics systems, Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations, Ability to contribute individually to greater goal, Planning skills, Understanding of transportation issues, Knowledge of logistics subset (e.g. People working in ground transportation need to have understanding of trucking shipments).
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities;
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the "Job position" as subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the "Job position" on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org
- Current Job Vacancies at Home Technologies
- Logistics Manager Job at Diversity Talent Management Limited
- Employment Opportunities at KONGA
- Stock Keeper Job at Kedi Healthcare Industries (Nigeria) Limited
- Logistics Bike Rider Job at EjiCareers
- Dispatch Rider Job at Crossover Microfinance Bank
- Employment Opportunities at Omnibiz Africa
- Logistics Manager Job at Sobaz Nigeria Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at MAS GLOBAL EXPRESS & LOGISTICS
- Dispatch Rider Job at a reputable company