Logistics Officer Vacancy at The Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Officer (National Contract)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The Logistics Officer will report directly to the Logistics Manager. She/he must be able to mmanage a local emergency stockpile and goods consolidation point in order to permit the rapid movement of DRC/DDG humanitarian supplies. Design and implement warehouse management and commodity tracking system especially for food commodities. The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Participate in field-level program planning formulation and advise on logistics considerations.
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures as applicable in the Operations Handbook
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- Provide technical and operational support to the field office, as well as advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems and procedures. Take initiative in management improvement for the logistic function.
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new initiatives and procedures related to logistics
- Implement and manage contracts in forwarding, transport and warehousing, where necessary.
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national level in logistics.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background ranging from Inventory and warehousing to transport management and distribution to beneficiaries an asset,
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Knowledge in Hausa
- Availability: 02/01/2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closes on...
22nd December, 2017.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Manager, Outbound Logistics at Jumia Nigeria
- Logistic Officer
- Logistics Officer
- Logistics Assistant at Solidarites International (SI)
- Operations Manager at Taxify
- Logistics Marketing Executive at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Traffic Management Executive at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Public Sector Engagement Partner at Connect Rail Services Limited
- Terminal Operations Manager
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at International Organization for Migration