Logistics Specialist Job at GE HealthCare
GE HealthCare is a leading worldwide innovator in medical technology, pharmaceutical diagnostics, and digital solutions. Our contributions to healthcare enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions, thanks to intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. Our people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE HealthCare's mission and deliver for its customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Specialist
Job ID: R3734768
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
Job Description Summary
- You will be responsible for managing the transportation, warehousing and related logistics of goods and services to and from internal and/or external customers/suppliers.
- You will also be responsible for meeting the short-term business objectives and resolving issues related to the operations through immediate action or short-term planning.
- In additional, you will maintain the logistics KPI’s/ Metrics to ensure customers’ requirements are met and assuring that company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pick up and delivery of goods.
- Coordinating and communicating international shipment delivery requirements with supply sites and freight forwarders.
- Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. Develops strong customer relationships, shares relevant technical information.
- Manages the inventory in the 3PL warehouse.
- Responsible for conducting timely cycle counts and physical inventory in time assuring KPI’s are met, driving inventory integrity.
- Support standardization of transportation processes from the distribution center to the end customers.
- Continuous internal communication with direct line manager and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping.
- Maintain and control the tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication.
- Analysis of the local transportation spend and tie to the financial ledger. Manage Logistics Costs to meet budgets and operational plans.
- Support the 3PL team with Oracle transactions.
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects.
Required Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- An Engineering or Science related Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Candidate must have 3 to 6 years of work experience and knowledge of logistics, warehouse management, transportation, importation regulatory and customs processes.
- Must have working experience/knowledge of Oracle ERP systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Candidate must be flexible, have good attention to detail, should be willing to go above and beyond, keen on compliance and integrity and willing to learn.
- Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities.
- Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Inclusion and Diversity
- GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Logistics Sales Executive Job at OMOROY
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Logistics / Welfare Lead Job at Del-York Agency
- Logistics & Supply Chain Manager Job at Nutri K Limited
- Import and Export Officer Job at Phillips Outsourcing Limited
- Logistics Manager Job at Fastest Cakes
- Field Support Supervisor
- Facility Management and Logistics Advisor Job at Palladium
- Fleet Officer Job at Catholic Relief Services
- Logistics Manager Job at Dispatch Healthcare International Logistics Limited