Machine Learning Engineer Job at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Machine Learning Engineer
Job Location: Nationwide
Job Level: Senior
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Supervision: Chief Technology Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Managing available resources such as hardware, data, and personnel so that deadlines are met.
- Analysing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability.
- Analysing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them.
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to create analytical variables, metrics and models.
- Work with Data Scientists to solve difficult engineering and machine learning problems and produce high-quality code.
- Identify and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages and frameworks for each task, while developing your abilities and understanding of data science methodologies and approaches.
- Contribute to coding and engineering practices across all projects.
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world.
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning.
- Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed.
- Defining validation strategies.
- Defining the pre-processing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset.
- Defining data augmentation pipelines.
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs and tools.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another related field.
- Hands on experience with standard machine learning libraries like numpy, pandas, sklearn,, tensorflow, keras etc.
- Worked in end to end integration of ML models to the platforms which includes deployment, retraining monitoring of models.
- Ability to connect ML model predictions to the business metrics.
- Minimum of One- two 2-4 years working experience on Machine Learning in a fast paced and complex business setting.
- Experience as a software engineer with a deep interest in Analytics and Data Science is an added advantage.
- Ability to engineer beautiful code and work on varied data science projects across multiple industries
- Proven knowledge of object-oriented programming e.g. Scala, Java, C++ etc is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, R etc.
- Good knowledge of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL or Object-based databases.
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning and data analytics techniques.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable but not essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of the email
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.
- Web Designer, Graphic Designer & Business Developer Recruitment at Agrorite Limited
- Mobile / Web Developer Recruitment at Krystal Digital Solutions Limited
- Graphics / Creative Designer Recruitment at Tempkers
- Senior Software Developer Job at Asset And Equity Group (AEG)
- Software Developer (Node JS) Job at LONGBRIDGE
- E-Commerce Platform Front End Developer Recruitment at Oriental Selected Company Limited
- Web / Application Manager Recruitment at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Full Stack Web Developer (Intern) Recruitment at vasiti.com
- Software Developer (Full Stack) Job at vasiti.com
- Mobile App Developer (IOS Swift) Job at LONGBRIDGE