Maintenance Supervisor Job at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Location: Mowe, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industries / Sector: Manufacturing
- Overall responsibility of all maintenance activities of the plant and machinery at the Buideeze Botswana plant.
- Overall responsibility for all maintenance of all the machinery and equipment of the Plant
- Planning maintenance schedules, including weekly, monthly and annual shut-downs. (Ensuring that maintenance
- planning and execution is happening)
- Formulate and implement maintenance program to ensure machines are periodically maintained to minimise breakdowns, minimised breakdown time, and ensure safety
- Analyse machine conditions, and do cost-benefit ratios of maintenance vs replacement in consultation with team of experts/reports
- Equip, build and manage a highly motivated and professional team that can rise to meet the demands of a fast-paced and challenging business environment
- Be proactive in identifying business improvement areas, and initiating interventions and projects
- Ensure sufficient spare parts are in stock
- Conduct Maintenance spares stock take
- Management and execution of Controls and Instrumentations (C&I) functions
- Overall responsibility for all maintenance of the facility, including issues impacting the environment, safety or facility itself. (Including forklifts)
- Oversee and ensure statutory legal requirements adherence, including of all equipment on-site, fire alarm, guarding, working on heights, gas cylinder, etc
- Perform basic administrative, purchasing, procurement duties as appropriate to ensure effective maintenance function
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained in all the maintenance & spare-parts stores at all times.
- Complete at least 3 SMATS per month.
- Assist with Incident Investigations
- Attend weekly all toolbox talks
- Assist the Plant Manager to maintain, develop, and deliver the appropriate safety, quality and environmental improvement culture to sustain and enhance performance levels, Zero TF1 & TF2 rates, in line with SG targets.
- Assist the Plant Manager to follow Nigeria laws and SG regulations to manage employee well-being.
- Assist the Plant Manager with the Implementation and coordination of NEMC, Saint Gobain Group Standards in conservation of the environment to reduce pollution
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
- Rand Measures (Department budgets, operating costs controlled, sales revenue etc. State all figures on an annual basis for the current financial year.
- Unit Measures: – (Number of clients, suppliers, products or any other scope measurements pertinent to this job.
- Efficient troubleshooting
- Recurrence of known machine faults
- People Measures(List total number of subordinates or, if applicable, contractors, for which this position isresponsible)
- Factory Performance
- Collaboration with various regulatory and legislative bodies(for permits & licenses)
- Close relationship with SG colleagues
- Diverse cultures within the organization
- Need for compliance in business operations (both internal and external)
- Deadline driven
- The person in this role needs to be known, first and foremost, for leading with integrity and helping to build an open and engaging culture based on trust, a sense of ownership and responsibility and respect.
- S/he will inspire his/her team and give meaning to their work through clear goals, empathy and promoting a culture of constructive feedback where people can express themselves safely
- S/he will focus on developing a deep understanding of customer needs and expectations and develop team and processes to deliver excellence in the customer experience.
- With a deep commitment to collaborative working, s/he will work in partnership across the organisation to set ambitious goals and deliver sustainable business success.
- Whilst demanding compliance and rigour in our management processes and control systems, s/he will have a risk-balanced approach to trying new things, promoting the ability to fail and learn quickly
- S/he will be solution oriented with a deep commitment to continuous improvement aligned with the needs of both ourinternal and external customers.
- Finally, with a strong sense of respect for others and the value that different perspectives can bring to an organisation, s/he will be deeply committed to diversity and inclusion to drive innovation.
Principles of Conduct and Action
In addition, the post holder is expected to comply with our shared ethical code as expressed through the Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct and Action:
Glossary of Action Verbs:
- Exercise and implement control over the performance of specific operations, approved plans, or established policies within the scope of limited and well-defined authority.
- Give information or an opinion pertinent to a probable course of action.
- Study the factors of a problem to determine a proper solution.
- Take active part or give support in performing a function.
- Exercise leadership in a project or study.
- Exercise restraining or governing influence over activities to accomplish planned results by: (1) establishing standards, (2) measuring work in progress, (3) interpreting results, and (4) taking corrective action.
- Combine (through balancing, timing, integrating) the efforts of separate groups to accomplish a specific objective; coordination can be exercised without line authority.
- Give advice and guidance to another.
- Advance programs, planning or an individual’s capabilities to a higher level.
- Authoritatively define, regulate or determine the activities of subordinate organizational units to achieve predetermined objectives.
- Put into effect according to a plan (See “Administer”).
- Start, begin or introduce a program or action.
- Keep in a state of efficiency or validity.
- Plan, organize and control to achieve coordinated objectives by leading and directing subordinates without giving detailed supervision.
Qualifications Required to Fulfil the Role
- Diploma (minimum) in Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering (Technical Engineering)
- Trade Test Certificate
Specific Work Experience, Knowledge and Skills required to fulfil the role:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing/production or similar environment e.g (Cement, Paint and Construction Chemical Company)
- Experience in maintenance management principles
- Managing a maintenance department, either managerial, supervisory or foreman level
- Familiar with Maintenance management systems
- Use of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
- Material Engineer Job at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited
- Senior Process Engineer Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Site Architect / Engineer Job at Mshel Homes Limited
- Senior Engineer (Scrum) Job at Flutterwave
- Civil Engineer - Quality Assurance / Quality Control Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Job Openings at HRLeverage Africa
- Electrical Engineer Job at Sagar Vitaceuticals Nigeria Limited
- Quality Assurance Engineering Manager Job at Reliance Health
- Engineering and Projects Manager Job at Cainergy International Limited
- Engineering Marine Advisor III Job at ABNL Limited