Market Access Manager Job at Roche
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry ten years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Market Access Manager
Job ID: 202311-125749
Job Location: Lagos
Category: Business Development
- We are seeking a Market Access Manager for the West Africa region for Diagnostics.
- You as the successful applicant will drive the development of Health Ecosystems by developing and implementing market and patient access strategies with key internal and external stakeholders to drive optimal access to strategic healthcare solutions in the public and private sectors in the Anglophone West Africa Network.
- You will support the mid to long-term Healthcare Transformation strategy by supporting the development and implementation of stakeholder engagements, partnerships and other health systems strengthening projects.
Understanding and Developing Health Ecosystems:
- Build a deep understanding of the health ecosystems with an emphasis on diagnostics across the focus markets within the territory. This understanding should include health system operating environments, institutional and political landscapes.
- Undertake necessary research and analyze current healthcare policies to understand health issues and market trends shaping the future of health ecosystems
- Leverage this knowledge to understand policy priorities and current barriers to access with a focus on drafting the strategy, aligning with the overall long-term organisational strategy and vision annually
- Actively engage and build relationships with political stakeholders and key influencers of health policy agendas at regional and national levels in coordination with the Government Affairs & Access Lead to enable removal of barriers and to bring key disease areas and health topics to the priority agenda, driving sustainable access to Roche innovations for patients.
Market Access Management:
- Execute an integrated access plan across public and private sectors by analysing the strategies and environments and engaging with key stakeholders and finalising the plan annually.
- Build innovative market access solutions by researching global trends, analysing trends in the context of the specific environments, testing solutions, engaging with experts, piloting solutions and managing implementation of successful innovations as required.
- Build supporting tools and knowledge resources (e.g. best practice) for the implementation of access and policy agenda at country levels that deliver clear, evidence-based and compelling positions for governments and key influencers including financial aspects (eg pricing, business models), monitoring and evaluation metrics to track momentum for access and lessons learned and communication mechanisms (eg communities of practice).
- Support cross-functional teams within both Diagnostics and Pharma affiliate in activities to minimize gaps/hurdles to access in support of health system strengthening initiatives and public private partnerships. Such projects could include Roche regional programs, (e.g. Global Access Program), One Roche Programs, or local pilot projects for access.
Support Broader Healthcare Transformation Projects:
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Healthcare Transformation Team including Roche Healthcare Consultants, Strategic Program Managers, as well as members of the Medical, Marketing and Sales teams to drive and deliver projects aimed at transforming Healthcare in focus markets.
- Participate in the co-creation of Integrated Solutions Plans.
- Participate in the definition and establishment of medium to long-term partnerships (both Private-Private and Public-Private approaches) that drive increased access to Roche’s innovative products and drive broad-based health systems strengthening.
- Participate as implementer within projects defined under the Integrated Solutions Planning process (ISP) where policy and/or access subject matter expertise and experience are needed.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department budget by identifying activities and costs, preparing the budget and submitting it annually and as required.
- Monitor expenditure by tracking spend against budget allocations, providing input into approval of expenditure, addressing any budget variances and providing feedback as required.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Required Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Clinical or Science related field.
- Required Experience: 3-8 years of experience in Government Affairs or Market/Patient Access.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the Pharma / Diagnostics industry. Management & Strategy definition experience will be a plus.
- Required Knowledge: Healthcare Laws and Regulations, Policy & regulatory Landscapes in LMIC/Africa.
- Other requirements: Ability to travel nationally and international.
- Male Guest Service Agent (Receptionist) Job at Great Ville Hotels
- Female Admin Executive Job at Wellness Healthcare Limited
- Managing Director Job at Robert Walters
- Job Openings at Ginger Travelz
- Centre Manager Job at Intelics Solutions
- Receptionist Job at Estee Hotels
- Front Desk Officer Job at Excel and Grace Consulting
- Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Job at ActiveEdge Technologies
- Operations Executive Job at Ginger Travelz
- Front Desk Officer Job at Tenstrings Music Institute