Mastercard Foundation Summer Internship 2023 - Associate Consultant Intern
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Job Position: Mastercard Foundation Summer Internship 2023 - Associate Consultant Intern
Job Location: Lagos
Job Description Summary
- The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow.
- Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
- We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
- Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
- While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant Intern:
- As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions.
- Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will:
- Work on small teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems
- Participate in volunteer and team building experiences
- Exposure to our the leadership team through networking sessions and speaker series
- Begin to build relationships with clients to understand their business needs, seek strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
- Grow by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team.
- Have an opportunity for meaningful contributions
- Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management.
- We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our customers with their most urgent business need. We are recruiting for Strategy and Transformation career track.
Strategy & Transformation:
- Lead customers through sound decision-making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more. Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
Sampling of questions we help our customers answer:
- How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper competitive new market?
- How can a customer improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial, and strategic goals?
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
- Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard's structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skill set or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree student with a graduation date between Dec., 2022 to Aug., 2023, planning to complete NYSC by summer 2024.
- Outstanding record of academic achievement with a USA equivalent 3.0 GPA or UK equivalent 2:1.
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing in English.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
- Mercy Corps Recruitment for Finance Intern (NYSC)
- MainOne Cable Recruitment for HR Intern (Learning and Development)
- Corporate World Wear Recruitment for Graduate Intern
- Lagosbiz Recruitment for Wordpress Developer Intern
- Kartel Recruitment for Admin Executive Intern (NYSC)
- Velvot Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Sales Intern
- R-DATS Consulting Recruitment for Graduate Intern (Research and/or Data Management)
- International Rescue Committee Recruitment fo Admin Intern
- QuantumX Recruitment for Sales Executive / Marketer (Intern)
- Vatebra Limited Recruitment for UI / UX Design Intern