Operations Manager at Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group
Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group consists of integrated grain processing and trading companies. Milling facilities are located throughout South America, the Caribbean and Africa and work directly with several affiliated commodity trading offices in strategic locations. Seaboard's milling facilities include flour, maize and rice milling, poultry, pork and pasta production, bakery operations, animal feed production, and pulse processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Why Join Us?
- Are you interested in working in Nigeria? Are you self-motivated, confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done?
- Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide you with that next challenge? Have we piqued your interest yet?
- Provide leadership to the operation by achieving key performance results (including financial profitability), manufacturing variances, safety and quality
- Manage electrical and mechanical maintenance and accuracy of weighbridge and scales in mill and lab, including flour and bran bagging scales
- Responsible for mill maintenance and implementation/use of MP2 or other similar maintenance program
- Maintain order and discipline within the production area, including storage facilities and workshops
- Supervise wheat transfer from vessels to silos and mill silos
- Manage wheat and flour bin inventory; control and maintain all necessary measures to avoid infestation
- Continually seek new and improved methods to achieve operational efficiency, etc.
- Obtain an extraction of flour corresponding to standards of profession, without affecting quality
- Ensure company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations; continually establish policies and procedures to improve safety measures
- Participate in the development and implementation of new milling and packaging processes, products and systems
- Manage and oversee all improvement projects for the operation
- Present weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports
- Advise Managing Director on the choice of wheat in relation to flour market needs
- Manage staffing strategy, development of staff, performance management and employee morale.
- Manage the training for employees by providing the necessary resources to accomplish company and individual objectives; continuously monitor progress and results.
- Degree or Certificate in Milling Science from an accredited university or program
- 10+ year's experience managing grain milling operations
- Experience working for a multinational company, in a developing country such as Nigeria
- Fluency in English required.
- Business Manager atLighthouse Cinemas
- Country Director at Equal Access Nigeria
- Supervisor/Concierge at ETAD Consulting Limited
- Facility Manager
- 2018 Total Startupper of the Year Challenge
- General Manager at Fountain Source Limited
- Business Manager
- Outlet Manager
- Service Manager at Fadac Resources