Operations Manager Job at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager - Nigeria IHP
Job Ref: req8216
Reports to Director of Finance and Administration.
Duration: 5 years
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Operations Manager is responsible under the leadership of the State Director and senior management, in the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities that deliver the project in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Guidelines and client rules and regulations. The Operations Manager will oversee two additional staff members.
- Assists in overseeing overall operations at State Office and provides operations guidance and oversight for IHP state offices
- Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
- Regularly reviews operations practices, develops, and optimizes internal operations policies, and provides feedback on risk mitigation strategies
- Performs project procurements as per the procurement policies and donor regulations including maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, and documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships
- Ensures timely receipt of quality services/goods and best value for the price; ensures that vendors are timely paid and procurement contracts are closed in order; manages office facilities, equipment, assets, vehicles, IT, etc.; and maintains up-to-date assets registers
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures
- Coordinates with operations team at the Abuja Central Office to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.
- Ensures the Fixed Asset Register of the project is up to date and comprehensive.
- Supports the Director to ensure that all assets of the project are safe and secure.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree and Master's degree are required;
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience;
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s);
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile;
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- Project Management expertise;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
- Facility Associate / Receptionist Recruitment
- Front Desk Officer (Female) Job at Instant Laundry
- Administrative Officer Job at Ideal Staffing Agency
- Brand Strategist Job at GDM Group
- Office Assistant / Personal Assistant Job at Eazzy Eats
- Receptionist Job at Titsall Global School
- Front Desk / Admin Officer (Female) Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Quality Specialist Job at Henkel
- Quality Project Specialist Job at Henkel
- Montessori Administrator Job at Michael Stevens Consulting