Operations Officer Job at Deloitte Nigeria
Deloitte Nigeria - Our client, a Development Finance Institution positioned to empower more micro, small and medium enterprises across Nigeria desires to establish a Credit Guarantee Facility (CGF) which would further incentivize banks to lend to the MSME segment, through the provision of credit guarantee coverage for loans made to eligible MSMEs by Participating Financial Institutions.
To align with good corporate governance practices, the CGF is envisaged as the wholly-owned subsidiary of the DFI and towards the achievement of this initiative, we seek to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Operations Officer
Reference Number: CGF004
Job Location: Nigeria
- The Operations Officer will work closely with respective PFIs to evaluate, analyze and process credit guarantee to be extended on PFI’s MSME lending from origination to claims, of and monitor the portfolio under guarantee.
- The job holder shall collaborate with PFIs to improve access to finance for MSMEs as banks and MFIs provide more and better products and services to these enterprises.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as focal person and responsible for the front-to-end in guarantee application process of respective PFIs by performing independent, forward looking appraisal of current and prospective clients in compliance with guarantee operations manual.
- Collaborate and ensure an in-depth understanding of PFIs lending portfolio placed under guarantee through regular value-adding interaction in order to effectively meet the needs of the respective PFIs.
- Collaborate with PFIs to create synergy of cooperation and to identify areas of technical assistance.
- Ensure close personal attention is given to portfolio by providing a full array of customized financial solutions and services tailored to meet the growth needs and potential of the portfolio.
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets for the portfolio.
Implementation of CGF’s operations:
- Execute the Guarantee Value Proposition initiatives and activities aimed at optimizing both customer experience and sustainability for the institution.
- Review the presentations of guarantee lines ensuring that all the information necessary for the decision-making are well captured in the proposal.
- Evaluate and conduct periodic monitoring of PFI lending activities and portfolio placed under guarantee to ensure strict compliance with internal and cooperation guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate portfolio management objectives and deadlines are met and have knowledge of internal operations standards and procedures.
- Proactively assist in resolving issues in the management of respective portfolios and escalate when necessary to ensure quick resolution.
- Maintain due process and ensure accurate verification of data in compliance with internal guidelines to ensure prompt claims payment.
- Continuously collaborate with other departments and carry out any other duties as may be required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Experience & Qualifications
- Post-graduate qualification in Business, Finance, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience relevant to guarantee operations and/or banking pertaining to lending to the MSME sector.
- Background in banking, insurance or trade finance is essential.
- Extensive experience with commercial banking in MSME lending, credit appraisal and evaluation, financial analysis, revenue management, financial modelling & forecasting, compliance & regulatory issues, and administration functions.
- Experience in a fast growing, challenging business environment.
- Self-starter with strong internal motivation, able to set-up systems and procedures in a ‘start up’ environment.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to undertake portfolio evaluation and analysis of prospective PFIs MSME lending portfolio.
- Knowledge of MSME lending, credit evaluation and appraisal, traded treasury instruments etc.
- Strong IT and Computer Skills – Banking Applications, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Commercially astute: a high degree of business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit and wants to grow with the company.
- Flexible; readily adapts to change and new products, systems or methods
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines per demands and ability to change work schedule to accommodate competing priorities.
- A track record of delivering high performance and overcoming challenges.
- A dedicated team player with a pragmatic approach.
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Strong writing skills and solid credit acumen / financial analysis skills (namely cash flow analysis)
- Open-minded, personable individual with outstanding organizational skills.
- Personal commitment to organization excellence; displays honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles gained by experience or qualification
- Fund Manager / Project Lead Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Terminal Manager Job at Libra Motors Limited
- Project Manager, TEGA Networks Job at Girl Effect
- Project Manager Job at ByteWorks Technology Solutions
- Project Manager Job at Aldelia Group
- Project Manager Job at R.A.THINK DESIGN
- Events and Partnerships Co-ordinator Job at Cafe Neo
- Financial / Commercial Controller Job at A leading multinational conglomerate
- Project Manager Job at Tijmaf Innovation Services
- Event and Creative Lead Job at Hazon Holdings