PD Summer Internship Programme 2020- Reporting and Knowledge Management
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job Position: PD Summer Internship Programme 2020 - Reporting and Knowledge Management
Requisition No: 110781
Job Location: Abuja
Unit: Programme Unit
Supervisor: Head of Programme
Duration: At least 3 months (May/June to August/September 2020)
- We are currently seeking to fill for candidates to participate in the PD Summer Internship Programme 2020 in the Policy and Programme Department (PD).
- The position will be based in Programme Unit, in WFP Nigeria Office.
- The internship will be typically for the period of at least 3 months during May/June to August/ September 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme, the PD Summer Intern will perform the following duties:
- Analyse and synthesize data for Programme activity reporting
- Assist in standardizing the Programme unit’s internal periodic reporting package
- Assist in designing standard background narrative for each planned activity under the Nigeria Country Strategy Plan that informs donor proposals and/or activity reporting
- Support the reporting and improvement of Programme information storage and dissemination
- Perform any other duty as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a master's degree programme or a recent graduate of a master’s degree (graduated within the last 6 months)
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency in graphic design and ability to present information clearly and concisely through visual data analysis
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent IT skill with knowledge of report writing software such as Microsoft Publisher or Tableau required
- Proactive, motivated, innovative and adaptable individual, who is capable to take initiative
- Ability to function comfortably in a cross-cultural team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) is required.
Supervision (Level/Methods of Supervision):
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme, the incumbent will be provided with close mentoring, guidance and technical supervision. Performance planning and reviews as well as learning and development discussions will be elemental part of the supervision.
- The Deputy Country Director will be the second-level supervisor. With the support of a comprehensive induction package and assignment of a buddy/mentor, the intern will rapidly become a productive member of the team.
- Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, weLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should have:
- General understanding of WFP’s work in the Nigeria Office, as well as at the corporate level, on commitments to supporting programme activities to achieve Zero Hunger
- Very good understanding of each Programmatic activity under the Nigeria Country Strategy Plan, programmatic analysis and the knowledge management for activities of the Nigeria Office
- A deeper knowledge of the Programme unit’s role in implementing activities under the WFP Nigeria Country Strategy Plan informed by a PowerPoint Presentation
- Development of good information and knowledge management skills
Information on the Country of Assignment
Living conditions in Abuja, Nigeria
- With over 182 million people, Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa and the seventh largest in the world. The annual growth rate of the population is approximately 2.7 per cent, and more than half the population are under 30 years of age. The road network in Abuja (FCT) is very good and almost all roads are motorable during the entire year. The Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport is accessible to and from all other airports in the country.
- Criminality is a major factor that negatively affects the security situation in the Abuja (FCT). There are no identifiable criminal gangs in Abuja, though criminality has become a norm in the city and its environs partly due to social-economic factors and the lack of the capacity of the Security Forces to deal with the situation. Protests in Abuja by labour unions, religious-affiliated groups such as the Islamic Movement in Nigeria and other identifiable civil society groups are likely. Although major terrorist activities/attacks have not been recorded in Abuja (FCT) since 2015, Terrorism is still a lingering factor of insecurity.
- There are UN approved hospitals and pharmacies available within the city and details are available at the WFP Office in Abuja.
Terms and Conditions
- The PD intern will be paid a monthly stipend of approximately USD 360 per month as a contribution towards basic subsistence costs.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
- Administrative Intern (Corper) Recruitment at FarmAgric Limited
- Wandel International Nigeria Ltd Recruitment for I.T/SIWES Student (Industrial Attachment)
- I.T / SIWES Student Recruitment at Attainables Entertainment Limited
- Corpers and Intern Recruitment at Gatatransport Limited
- IpNX Nigeria Limited NYSC, Pre-service & I.T Internship Programme 2020
- Corpers and Intern Recruitment at Gatatransport Limited
- Andela Nigeria Internship Programme Cycle 3
- Information Technology Intern Recruitment at Vicmart Enterprise Limited
- SEO / Content Writing Intern Recruitment at ZEODigital
- Social Media Intern Recruitment at Kreativ Finance