Pharmacy and Supply Chain Optimizer Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Pharmacy and Supply Chain Optimizer
Job ID: 2023-5216
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Status: Temporary
Category: International Positions
- The Pharmacy and Supply Chain adhoc will plan and implement the delivery of high-quality pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DMOC services as well as the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Responsible for the provision of technical support in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists’ capacity on pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care in the areas of PMTCT, ART, TB care and reproductive health including ensuring drug inventory management across supported sites.
- Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performance analysis to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to supported sites in the requisition, report and order of health commodities and tracking of re-supply.
- Responsible for the state level implementation, monitoring, service quality governance and reporting of CPARP, CARC and other DSD models.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for the generation of LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis and post-gap analysis for all supported sites.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Responsible for periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and other staff across supported sites.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience in Public Health, Pharmacy, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; Master's-level Degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Good team leader
- Planning skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- Writing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Respectful, accountable, honest.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
- Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
- Cargo Officer / Warehouse Officer Job at ABC Logistics
- Ongoing Recruitment at C & I Leasing Plc
- Logistics & Supply Chain Manager Job at Nutri K Limited
- Store Assistant Job at Abuja Clinics
- Warehouse Officer Job at Tybitx Services International Limited
- Inventory Officer Job at Monmartt
- Assistant General Manager/ Finance & Accounts (Supply Chain) Job at Dangote Group
- Warehouse Officer Job at Flomides Solution Services Limited
- Store Manager Job at All flavors Supreme Foods
- Ongoing Recruitment at Danish Refugee Council