Planning & Control Manager Job at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Planning & Control Manager
Job Location: Rivers
Department: Projects - OWEP Project
Job Summary & Purpose
- Manage and oversee project controls for engineering and construction projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review.
- Establishes operating policies to mitigate risk. Provides guidance and consultation for project managers. The position will be responsible for reviewing, analysing and reporting on project and program information related to schedule performance and other related project metrics.
- Reports to: Business Manager
- Direct Reports: Projects Sites
- Internal Relationships: OWEP - PMT
- External Relationships: clients- NGC
- Work with Project Manager and stakeholders to develop integrated master schedules for proposed budget projects and long range planning projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Review of the master schedule, short interval schedule and monthly construction schedule updates to analyse project performance.
- Assists with the review of baseline schedule and monthly schedule updates for compliance with contract requirements.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders to resource load schedules and develop resource demand projections.
- Work with Project Managers and stakeholders and coordinate with suppliers and contractors to identify long lead items and expediting strategy. Track key and long lead items in schedules.
- Conduct interactive planning sessions to develop and establish schedule baselines.
- Update and maintain project schedule progress.
- Verify alignment of P6 Milestones with corresponding OPPM records.
- Assess schedule deviations. Recorded scope changes and highlighted bottlenecks which could impact work progress.
- Conduct schedule analyses to highlight and communicate potential risks and opportunities and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Provides project status reports including key performance metrics.
- Review of other historic data to identify patterns, trends and exceptions to expected performance.
- Preparation of variance reports on activity status and resource usage.
- Research of project data and records to identify reasons for project delays.
- Assists in evaluating the status of the project and development of strategies to overcome variances and delays.
- Works closely with construction management team, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Implement and maintain project controls systems.
- Academic Qualification: Must have, at a minimum, a collegiate degree in Construction Management or Technical field
- Professional Qualification: A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 15 years hands-on experience onsite construction/ project management and successful planning of complex technical projects in oil and gas industry.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Oracle Primavera P6 and Oracle Project Portfolio Management (OPPM), MS Project and MS Office.
- Knowledge of project controls (cost and schedule management) methods and tools.
- Commercial Management experience for all project phases: pre-construction, commissioning and validation.
- Proven track record in developing cost estimates at both conceptual and detailed levels.
- Proficient in progress measurement / earned value techniques for project control purposes.
- Project time & cost tracking and analytical skills i.e. the ability to enter time and cost data for each project and analyse compared to established budget.
- The ability to understand and assist in the planning of tasks for new projects.
- The ability to organize/ analyse the data and summarize information for current and future projects
- Ability to identify trends and exceptions through data analysis.
- Physical Exertion on the Job: Must be very energetic and work with assiduous concentration.
Key Performance Metrics
- Scope Planning - Identifying the in-scope requirements for the project to facilitate creating the WBS
- Performance against Budget
- Project Schedule Development - Outlining the entire schedule of the activities and detailing their sequence of implementation
- Resource planning - Specifying who will do what work, at which time, and if any special skills are needed to accomplish the project tasks.
- Customer Satisfaction - Ensure quality issues are avoided or fixed.
- Avoidance of scope creep and ensure that all change requests are duly authorised.
- Cost Performance Index should be equal to or greater than 1.
- Schedule Performance Index should be greater than 1.
- Schedule Variance should be equal to or greater than 0.
- Hours spent should be equal to or less than work schedule
- Number of commissioning defects and corrective action impact (Days/Man-hours).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.
- Project Manager / Engineer (MNO) Job at Phase3 Telecoms Limited
- Operation Officer Job at Morris Royal Limited
- Project Manager (SAFPAC) Job at Care International
- Project Assistant Job at PEC Events Limited
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Project Assistant - Work in Progress Job at Oxfam
- Construction Project Manager
- IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Project Manager (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Operations Manager Job at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')