Procurement and Admin Officer Job at WaterAid
WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement and Admin Officer
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Head of People and Organizational Development (HPOD)
Travels: Potential travel to field to be determined based on needs
Duration: 2 years
- The post holder will ensure the smooth operation of all administrative procedures and facilities in the Country Programme and efficiently provide required administrative support in a cost-effective manner.
- This role will also be responsible for efficient procurement of goods and services for the Country Programme.
Procurement of goods and services:
- Accountable for efficient procurement of goods and services in a manner that demonstrates highest standards of accountability, value for money and in line with procurement best practices, WaterAid and grant donor funding regulations.
- In procurements for service related contracts, serve as liaison between consultants and user departments and provide periodic status updates to the HPOD and to user departments on on-going procurements to facilitate efficient and timely decisions
- Support user departments in the development of Terms of Reference for service /consultancy procurement; disseminate Terms of Reference for service/consultancy procurement to appropriate service providers on the WaterAid Nigeria’s data base of approved vendors/service providers/consultants.
- Work in strong collaboration with procurement service user departments and teams to negotiate with potential service providers/contractors to assure all procurement contracts meet minimum value for money requirements and WaterAid interest is well secured and protected in contracts.
- Proactively identify potential legal issues in contracts and seek input and advice of WaterAid retained legal counsel prior to finalizing such contracts.
- Evaluate performance of vendors, consultant and service providers; Conduct staff satisfaction survey of hotels, car hire, travel agents and other service providers on an annual basis and make recommendations to the HPOD accordingly;
- Identify gaps in WaterAid processes and systems hindering the smooth and efficient running and make recommendations for the continuous improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of WANG administrative management systems and processes.
- Supervise inventory quantities for office needs and coordinate regular inventory checks and timely replenishing of stock and overall efficiency of the store
- Prepare monthly office running cost analysis and make recommendations as necessary.
- Ensure staff are oriented about the procurement guidelines and adhering to the approved policies.
- Maintain an updated list of potential providers of goods and services; continually evaluate new sources for procuring goods and services and recommend pre-selected vendors /service providers for enrolment as potential sources /providers of goods and services.
- Build and maintain effective collaboration with FIT team to ensure timely processing of payments to vendors and service providers.
- Support capacity building for WaterAid partners in procurement management and Administrative systems and processes.
- Work with budget holders to ensure annual procurement plan is developed each year
- Work closely with finance to determine the applicable tax before contract is issued to contractors/consultants/service providers.
Support to planning /organisation of CP Events:
- Work in close collaboration with the Security and Logistics Manager in selecting fit for purpose venues for meetings, trainings, away days, workshops and other CP events;
- Support all aspects of the organization of meeting events including supporting with budget development by providing current prices for goods and services.
- Ensure effective and efficient event management that includes securing services of third party event consultants and service providers as may be appropriate, arrangement of venue and other related activities such as provision of all required materials to support the event (e.g. stationary, workshop materials, meeting packs, booking venues, meals, Internet service etc.) and process payments to the service providers.
- Ensure a conducive and safe environment for WaterAid employees, partners and visitors within the office and at WaterAid out of office events.
- Ensure the front office is well managed and depicts the image of WaterAid as an international organisation.
- Accountable for the efficient and smooth operation of all office facilities and equipment including power supply, generator, water supply, satellite television, crèche etc; proactively identifying potential faults and proposing measures that WANG can take to mitigate loss of man hours due to non-functionality of office facilities and equipment.
- Supervise outsourced janitors to ensure optimal cleanliness of the office and its environment at all times.
- Maintain adequate and accurate records of equipment functionality and cost of operations; share quarterly reports to the HPOD on equipment status and cost of operation.
- Responsible for tracking renewal dates on facility maintenance, equipment maintenance and all property leased directly by WaterAid or its partners and trigger actions to ensure WaterAid compliance with the terms of the lease agreements.
- Ensure stock levels of WaterAid Nigeria's store are adequate and attend to staff requisitions for toiletries and other items such as tea items, papers, etc.
- A University Degree in Administration or Business or any related Social Sciences field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in administrative and procurement role preferably in an international NGO.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and maturity in handling issues
- Experience in office administration and facilities management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Strong time management skills, and ability to prioritise multiple, competing tasks, sometimes under pressure.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Highly organised with a keen sense of priorities
- Excellent customer centric approach, ability to provide consistently high quality service to a diverse range of customers-internal and external
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with relevant internal and external stakeholders, with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Interest in development career in development/NGO sector
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good understanding of grant donor financial and administrative management regulations especially USAID, EU and other multilateral donors.
- Ability to build and maintain a good network of contacts and service provider.
- Executive Assistant Job at Kloverharris Limited
- Executive Assistant Job at Bayshore Technologies Limited
- Managing Director (Sub-Saharan Africa) Job at Cisco
- Hotel Operations Manager Job at the Yacht Hotel
- Chef and Assistant Restaurant Manager Job at Hexcel Superstores and Restaurant
- Career Executive Assistant Job at Raedial Holdings Limited
- Manager Job at Virtual PALyn
- Procurement Finance Analyst Job at Tropical General Investments
- Receptionist Job at Marathona Abirom Concept Limited
- Job Vacancies at Marathona Abirom Concept Limited