Procurement Specialist Job at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited - Our client is a Marine Logistics and Supply servicing company. For over 35 years they have carried on the Oil and Gas business in the West African Oil and Gas/ Maritime Industry. Today they have grown to be one of Nigeria's foremost 100 percent Indigenous Marine Logistics Service Company rendering safe and professional services to both International and Local Oil Companies. With a valuable combination of knowledge, expertise and experience gained over the years, in marine logistics and midstream Oil and Gas Industry projects; which has played a vital role in placing the company at the highest echelon of the world’s oldest trade, as well as a reputable voice in the global scheme of things; they have recently started a Gas company focusing on domesticating natural gas in Nigeria.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Specialist
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Our client is seeking to hire an experienced and competent Senior Business Development Manager - CNG.
- To lead the development of compressed natural gas (CNG) and other natural gas solutions and offerings of the company.
- The successful candidate is responsible for planning and development activities to meet the growing demand for natural gas solutions.
- Manages and organises integrated process delivery, optimising the use of guidelines and procedures within projects and/or a field office.
- Develops and execute strategic sourcing activities for assigned spend categories, leveraging industry best practices, sourcing methodology and global partnerships whenever possible.
- Manages and monitors supplier performance in order to meet all quality and delivery requirements
- Builds trust-based, service-oriented, value-added relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, teammates, and cross-functional departments.
- Verify and ensure completeness of all requisitions and communicates for validation and inclusion into the procurement schedule and ERP.
- Ensure “overall best value for money” is achieved through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time frame, transport, and storage costs.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to understand and define their exact business requirements.
- Researches and analyses quotations/proposals received and provides recommendations to stakeholders.
- Leads and/or assists special projects as required & assigned.
Administration and Facility:
- Ensure appropriate procurement administration management system is in place (reception, liaison, Administration, etc.); Ensure systems are in place to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor staff travel by road or air (national or international).
- Provide procurement and Admin support to regional, cluster and any other offices as required.
- Engage in partnership logistics assessments in respect to its expertise.
- Manage procurement and admin team.
- Act as the focal point for all purchases and admin to ensure compliance to policy. Act as the focal point for ERP for procurement process.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Ensure the contract database is updated on regular basis and reported on weekly basis.
- Provide weekly and monthly purchase and admin report to the line manager and relevant programme managers.
- Convert Procurement Plans into Procurement Schedules.
- Ensuring that resources are utilised effectively and assign tasks.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of procurement processes and ensure conformity to procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Establish Framework agreements to increase operational efficiency and maintain an active contract Register in a system.
- Analyse external markets maintain network with external stakeholders and review vendors and service providers periodically for cost effectiveness and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Management or a related field.
- Proven 6 or 7 years in procurement and supply chain management and administration activities.
- Strong knowledge and skills in procurement techniques and supply chain management.
- Good computer skills: Excel, Word, the purchasing system
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognise and create opportunities and to act accordingly.
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization and ability to work under pressure.
- High level of integrity and ethical conduct.
Competitive along with other benefits.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be
- Procurement Officer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Finance Executive (Procurement) Job at Kadick Integrated Limited
- Procurement Specialist Job at Talent Spur Advisory Limited
- Procurement Finance Analyst Job at Tropical General Investments
- Procurement Manager Job at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Head of Procurement Job at PZ Cussons
- Procurement Auditor Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Administrative & Account Officer - PORT HARCOURT ONLY
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - LAGOS ONLY
- Procurement Manager Job at Phillips Outsourcing Services Nigeria Limited