Programme Assistant (IBM)
International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Programme Assistant (IBM)
Job Ref: SVN2018/ 18
Job Location: Abuja
Unit: Immigration Border Management (IBM)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Grade Equivalent Contract (Renewable)
- Working under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer (IBM) and under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant (IBM), the successful candidates’ primary role will be to provide support to lOM Nigeria’s IBM projects.
- Track and compile project purchase requests, purchase orders, contracts and expenditures, in liaison with IOM Nigeria Finance Unit, and prepare final draftsfor monthly funding requests for the projects’ activities.
- Supporting the Project Senior Assistant/Coordinator and National Officer, and their supervisors, in liaison with relevant governmental, non-governmental entities (NGO5), international organizations as well as other relevant stakeholders where necessary for the effective implementation of the activities of projects and participate in coordination meetings with governments, NGO5 and other stakeholders where required in close coordination with the supervisor.
- Collecting and providing necessary information and assists in preparing, organizing and implementing all aspects of the projects’ activities including preparations and support to special consultancies occurring in the projects.
- Assisting in the organization of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations and missions related to the projects, undertaking duty travel when necessary in support of project implementation.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree / Certificate from an accredited academic/institution; or equivalent in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations and/or Law or related field with three years professional experience.
- Minimum Five years for degree holders (three years’ experience) in related field; to development humanitarian project administration and management.
NGN 551,134.42 per month
- For the applications to be considered valid, lOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2018/18 Programme Assistant (IBM), Abuja (G5).
- Applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae
- This position is open Only to Nigerian National applicants and Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Schlumberger Limited Graduate Recruitment 2020
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS Graduate Internship 2020
- Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) Nationwide recruitment 2020
- Technical Specialist, MEAL Job at Catholic relief services
- Community Manager Job at Ventures Platform
- Damien Foundation (DFB) Nationwide Recruitment 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment at ECOWAS for Consultants
- Volunteer Job at Helpers Social Development Foundation
- Mercy Corps Nigeria Graduate recruitment, November 2019
- Area Coordinator Job at Action Against Hunger