Programme Development Officer Job at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Programme Development Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months renewable
- COOPI is looking for a Programme Development Officer in Nigeria
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno state.
Scope of the Vacancy
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission the Programme Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Programmatic support, institutional representation;
- Internal and external coordination;
- Liaison with donors, consortium and sector partners, state and local authorities;
- Support the Head of Mission in understanding the humanitarian situation and the context;
- Donor compliance, project development, monitoring and reporting.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Programmatic support: provide programmatic support to the mission; ensuring coordination between the project team and administrative, HR and logistic teams.
- Proposal development: coordinate and support the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses, including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measurable targets, and developing narrative proposals and budgets with the support of the Finance team.
- Compliance: work with project managers to ensure compliance with donor and reporting requirements and internal policies.
- Data collection and consolidation: liaise with colleagues to procure primary data required to develop proposals.
- Reporting: consolidate and finalize donor and sector working group reports.
- NHF/pool funding: identify and track NHF/pool funding opportunities; including due diligence registration with NHF.
- Institutional representation: represent COOPI at stakeholder and consortium partner meetings; developing and maintaining strong working relationships with donors, local stakeholder networks.
- Communication: providing briefing papers and supporting the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings, and ensuring regular archiving of project information at the mission level.
- M&E: take the lead at the mission level in developing and implementing program planning tools and M&E system and tools; along with the project teams aligning internal M&E tools with sector and donor requirements, conducting regular site/activity visits (when the security context allows for it).
- Learning: contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E and ensuring capacity-building of the project teams.
- Master's Degree in International Development or related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle-management (including project M&E, grants management and reporting);
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Previous experience in writing project proposals;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Strong commitment to follow the rules and procedures of the organization.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork;
- Adequate resilience to stress;
- Organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian INGO;
- Previous experience in Western African country.
- Civil Engineer / Project Manager Recruitment at UnoCasa Limited
- Project Manager Job at Nokia Nigeria
- Facility Manager
- Project Support Intern Recruitment at MacTay Consulting
- British American Tobacco 2022 Global Graduate Program (Operations)
- Recent Job Openings at International Foundation for Electoral Systems
- HR Intern (Operations) Recruitment at MainOne Cable
- Operations Manager Job at opay
- Operations Manager Job at Pickmeup International Company
- Project Support Supervisor Recruitment at MacTay Consulting