Prosperity Fund Manager at The British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Prosperity Fund Manager (10/16 ABJ)
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Economic and Prosperity
What will the job holder be expected to achieve?:
- As part of the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review, the UK Prime Minister announced a new £1.3bn global Prosperity Fund. In Nigeria, this will means significant funding over the next 5 years to help reduce poverty and create a better business environment.
- Nigeria has the largest GDP in Africa (and the 21st largest in the world in 2014, according to the IMF), Africa’s largest population (over 170m), and long-established cultural and commercial links with the UK. It has huge long-term economic potential with vast natural resources, a young and growing population and its position as the economic hub for West Africa. Nigeria offers business opportunities across the full range of sectors, especially oil and gas, but the UK struggles to take advantage of them. Our prosperity agenda will look at identifying and addressing barriers to UK companies, reducing corruption and encouraging trade diversification.
- The UK Goverment in Nigeria is expanding in both size and ambition, and in 2016 will be moving into a newly built office, projecting intent and commitment over the long term. We are looking for a highly organised person with a strong attention to detail, ability to take the initiative, work accurately within deadlines and with limited supervision, and be a strong team member who works collaboratively
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this job is to provide project management and administrative support to the Prosperity Fund team, based in the British High Commission in Abuja.
- This is a small team consisting of a First Secretary Prosperity and a Second Secretary Economics, but will also have input from the Prosperity Fund team in Lagos and other UK Government departments (e.g. UKTI, and the Department for International Development).
- Day-to-day management of Prosperity Fund project activity; and
- Administrative and logistical support to the Prosperity Fund team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead on specific strands of programme activity, including monitoring and evaluation;
- Work with programme leads, implementing partners and other stakeholders to design, monitor and deliver programmes;
- Help to run procurement processes and draft contracts with implementing partners;
- Create and maintain a schedule of key programme milestones (start/end dates, report due dates, monitoring visits required, evaluations);
- Serve as a point of contact for programme implementers;
- Undertake regular reporting on programmes progress to the Prosperity Fund team and the FCO; and Other ad hoc duties as directed by the First Secretary Prosperity and BHC staff
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong oral and written English communication skills with the ability to tailor communications appropriately to suit audience;
- IT ability in MS Office applications i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience and qualifications in project / programme management;
- Prior experience of working with the UK Government;
- Numerical and budget management ability; and
- Monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money
Starting monthly Salary
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2016
1st July 2016
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Any other post specifics - like information on the application form that is not include on the
- Office Coordinator Job at MainOne Cable
- Receptionist / Office Assistant Recruitment at MBO Audit & Consult
- Administrative Staff Job at a reputable company
- Administrative Officer Job at A reputable organization
- NYSC Corps Member (Front Desk) Recruitment at Strugz
- Office Admin / Sales Representative Recruitment at GVL Homes
- Human Resources / Admin Manager Recruitment at Human Capacity Development Consultants Limited
- Front Desk Officer Job at Airlude Travel & Tour
- Office Admin Job at GVL Lightings and Interiors
- Administration Officer Job at A leading multinational conglomerate