Risk Manager Job at AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited
AgroMall is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Risk Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Department: Risk Department
- The Risk Manager will advice AgroMall on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company.
- They identify and assess threats, put plans in place for if things go wrong and decide how to avoid, reduce or transfer risk.
- As a risk manager you'll be responsible for managing the risk of AgroMall, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
- You may work in a variety of sectors and specialize in a number of areas including business continuity, corporate governance, enterprise risk, information and security risk, market and credit risk, regulatory and operational risk, technology risk etc.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for AgroMall
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by AgroMall such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating previous handling of risks
- Establishing and quantifying AgroMall’s 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within AgroMall.
- Develops strategies and plans that have a positive impact and add value for all partners and Stakeholders;
- Provides direction, guidance and clarity on roles and responsibilities;
- Promotes a culture of learning and development, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Empowers the team to generate creative ideas and solutions;
- In consultation with the supervisor, keeps staff informed of decisions, presenting them in a manner that generates understanding and acceptance;
- Actively shares information and ideas, and encourages others to share their views and concerns;
- Uses tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive information or resolving delicate issues, paying attention to non-verbal cues;
- Uses professional judgment consistent with the Agency’s applicable regulations, rules and policies on confidentiality requirements to determine information to be disclosed on activities to be implemented;
- Models independent thinking and action, raises standards and motivates excellence
- Coaches team members to appropriately share knowledge across teams
- Addresses conflicts in a timely, sensitive manner; escalates to leadership when appropriate
- Expands team engagement and provides practical developmental support
- Works with individuals to set appropriately challenging development goals, explaining not just what to do, but why to do it.
Education, Technical Skills, Working Relationship
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or any other relevant field.
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Risk Management
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail
- Planning and organization skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Risk Management
- Risk Analysis
- Technical acumen
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs
- The ability to understand broad business issues.
- This position manages all employees of the Risk department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department
- Work environment.
- Risk Management Analyst / Specialist Recruitment at JNC International
- Risk Advisor Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Finance and Compliance Officer Recruitment at NINERELA+
- Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management Recruitment at KPMG
- Risk Advisor (Marketing) Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Internal Control Officer Job at Bolin Bakeries and Catering Company
- HMO Operations Manager Job at HealthPoint
- Grants and Compliance Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
- Head, Internal Control and Compliance Job at a reputable Bank
- Credit Risk Analyst (Port Harcourt/Kano)