Safety and Security Officer Job at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 45 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Safety and Security Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
- Working under the direct supervision of the program’s Deputy Chief of Party, the Safety and Security Officer will be responsible for managing the safety and security policies and procedures for the project.
- The Safety and Security Manager will provide support and advice to the Chief of Party and project staff on managing risk in Nigeria. He/she will have a dotted line relationship with the CNFA Director of Global Security and will incorporate CNFA safety and security guidance and policy into his/her planning and procedures.
- He/she also will assist program teams in incorporating security planning and awareness into program planning.
- Lastly, He/She will assist the team with operational planning of travel management in Nigeria and international travel as required.
- The USAID/Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is a 5-year year, $15 million-dollar project implemented by CNFA as part of the United States Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. The project’s goal is to strengthen the business enabling environment to promote private sector investment in agriculture. Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components. First, the Agribusiness Investment Activity will improve the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector; second, the Activity will expand access to finance by mitigating the credit risks of agribusinesses; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand and scale up their operations.
- Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and provide analysis on the environment in Nigeria and it pertains to managing the risks that may impact CNFA staff or resources and report findings to Deputy Chief of Party, Chief of Party and Director, Global Security;
- Report all Serious Incidents to COP, DCOP and Director of Global Security;
- Be readily available always to the Chief of Party and field staff to advise on security and safety developments;
- Develop, review and ensure effective implementation of the CNFA Nigeria Security Management Plan incorporating guidance from the CNFA Security Management Plan;
- Ensure adequate supply of necessary safety and security-related equipment at project offices and international staff residences;
- Ensure that relevant staff members understand and can use equipment, including satellite phones, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc.
- Provide and/or coordinate training on first aid, security, disasters, fire safety and defensive driving for staff as required;
- Conduct comprehensive security/risk assessments in potential new program/field sites, as necessary;
- Work with the HR/Administrative Officer (HRO) to develop and implement security orientation for new staff (international and national) and visitors;
- Develop and update the Safety and Security Incident Management Plans
- Oversee monitoring of Project’s vehicle Global Positioning Systems;
- Conduct monthly vehicle log analysis and provide updates to the project management team;
- Provide all in-country logistic support for international visitors includingconsultants;
- Adhere to all CNFA and USAID standard operating procedures; and
- Any other task assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
- Develop security networks and attend meetings with USAID security office, OSAC Country Council, and any other governmental or non-governmental organizations.
- Develop procurements for safety and security related support to assist with state level assessments, security details and other risk management initiatives to support project personnel and resources.
- At least seven years of relevant, professional experience (military, police or NGO security) in roles with increasing levels of responsibility, 10+ years preferred;
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects is preferred, USAID experience preferred;
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing safety and security systems and protocols and provide training to staff and partners;
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies. Good context analysis skills;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in relevant field; alternatively, senior military, police or non-governmental security experience with more than 15 years of experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Security Operative Job at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Recruitment/ Vetting Officer Job at Royalsec Services Company Limited
- Security Patrol Supervisor Job at Royalsec Services Company Limited
- Chief Information Security Officer at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- Security Operations Manager
- New Job Openings at EnvironQuest Nigeria Limited
- Latest Job opportunities at FHI 360
- Ongoing Recruitment in a Leading Social Enterprise in Nigeria
- Latest Job Vacancies at KOKO TV Nigeria
- Customer Address Verification Officer Job at Polaris Digitech Limited