Security Manager Job at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Position: Security Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
- Working closely with the Nigeria Country Director and FHI360 Headquarters Global Security Department, the position holder will fill a leadership role over a growing security team in Nigeria.
- Through security networking, the conduct of risk assessments, security assessments, and the development and implementation of countrywide security and emergency plans, the Security Manager will support several hundred FHI360 employees in every state in Nigeria whose activities encompass both development and humanitarian work in multiple sectors.
- Conduct country/region Security Risk Assessments to determine risk levels for personnel and operations.
- Develop a set of procedures – annual Country Security and Emergency Action Plans – in line with FHI360 organizational policy which include minimum security guidelines and protocols for Nigeria.
- Support the operations and oversight of a Security Management Team and closely advise the Country Director and Headquarters Global Security on security situations in Nigeria.
- Supervise subordinate security staff to include (1) Regional Security Coordinator, (~3) Security Officers and up to (~30) Security Focal Points. Establish and sustain close working relationships with managers and fieldbased personnel to exchange security information and provide advice.
- Liaise closely with partner organization and subsidiary organizations’ security staff to provide insight, guidance, and support.
- Ensure the full implementation and enforcement of these security guidelines.
- Supervise the technical aspects of the award and supervision of the guard force contract to ensure service quality.
- Supervise conduct of office and residential security surveys; recommend appropriate measures for FHI360owned and managed property.
- Collect, collate and analyze security threat information.
- Provide timely situation assessments and recommendations for action during security incidents.
- Prepare daily and weekly security reports covering significant securityrelated incidents and provide analysis of how each event impacts the overall safety and security of personnel and operations.
- Prepare and deliver security briefings for movements throughout the region
- Prepare security reports to update personnel on major security developments and their potential impact on operations.
- Establish productive liaison with security departments at other INGOs, UN, diplomatic missions and vendor security information providers.
- Contribute security plans and costs to new project proposals, maintaining security involvement in all ongoing and prospective FHI360 operations in Nigeria.
- Collect and coordinate security information, conduct operationallevel analysis, and disseminate information and guidance via redundant communication channels to key recipients.
- Organize security, firstaid, fire, HEAT, and other emergency trainings and drills as well as security briefings for incoming staff and consultants. Ensure staff readiness, resilience, and adherence to security policy.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to build and maintain trusting client relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Work productively in a small team environment as well as individually.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security analysis and risk assessments or physical security or security operations and planning.
- Fluent English speaker with superior spoken and written communications; candidate must be comfortable speaking in front of large audiences
- Comfortable in operating in a high stress environment requiring short deadlines and be able to provide reasoned and immediate advice and assistance during emergencies with little or no supervision.
- Availability to work on emergency situations during offhours; if necessary, for an extended period of time.
- Willing to undertake up to 40% domestic and regional travel.
- Some knowledge of local Nigerian languages/dialects.
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Security Administration or Related Field.
- Typically requires 8+ years of security experience in corporate or government organizations or military asset protection programs.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing security strategies, policies, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrated experience with risk management and contract and vendor negotiations.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work in a nongovernmental organization (NGO)
- At least five years’ INGO/Humanitarian security experience, preferably with a large (200+) operation, directly related to West Africa.
- Extensive leadership, training, and supervisory experience
- Field work in “extremerisk” zones.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 550 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- Security Officer Job at Proximity Space
- Security Guard Job at Strugz
- Safety and Security Officer Job at Search for Common Ground
- Security Operative Job at Agiville Industries Limited
- Security Officer Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Chief Security Officer Job at Hilton Worldwide
- Security Guard Job at Spanish Villa Hotel
- Security Officer Job at White Soul Motors Limited
- Security Officer Job at Malteser International
- Security Officer Job at Outsource Africa