Senior Audit Associate Job at Asset & Resource Management Company (ARM)
Asset & Resource Management Holding Company - Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Audit Associate
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Responsible with conducting internal operational and compliance audit reviews and ensuring compliance with requirements dictated by internal / external policies and regulatory bodies and agencies.
- Execute audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations. Resolve audit problems that occur and develop modifications to coverage and schedule.
- Refer major audit issues to Chief Risk Officer for resolution
- Implement risk mitigation plan developed at corporate level
- Keep abreast of country legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and audit methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with Chief Risk Officer and relevant departments.
- Conduct periodic training workshops for in-country staff to promote awareness of governance, risk management, and internal controls.
- Update risks during operations as well as mitigation plans
- Consolidate risk exposure via compliance checklists in all country-level departments and give data to Senior project monitoring associate
- Implementation of Risk and Compliance reports
- Annual internal audit plan
- Annual audit reports.
- Technical (90%)
- Admin (10%)
- Percentage of in-country staff trained on risk and compliance issues (15%)
- Percentage of local compliance regulations met by required date (15%)
- Corrective action response time (10%)
- Number of implemented opportunities for improvement (OFI) vs. number of raised opportunities for improvement during internal and external audits (15%)
- Percentage of business services in the country not covered by risk analysis (10%)
- Savings generated and costs avoided associated with identified audit issues (15%)
- Overall corporate performance (10%)
- Feedback - The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (10%)
Requirements & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Audit
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Balances the needs of the stakeholder triangle; assimilates and analyses relevant information; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions; identifies and mitigates risks; creative in providing solutions; owns decisions.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills. Ability to drive change management across the organization
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
- PwC Recruitment for a Graduate Administrative Assistant
- Finance & Admin Assistant/Intern Recruitment at eHealth4everyone
- Account Officer Job at Animal Care Service Konsult Nigeria Limited
- Chief Financial Officer Job at Aldelia Group
- Finance Representative Job at LifeBank
- Internal Auditor Officer Job at Rovedana
- Ongoing Recruitment for Investment Associate at Lidya Global
- Chief Accountant Job at Signal Alliance
- Junior Auditor Job at Allied Thrust and Systems Nigeria Limited
- Accountant/Internal Auditor Job at OutsideIn HR Limited