Senior Contract Engineer Job at Benmaris Limited
Benmaris Limited started as a professional manpower providers, financial consultants and general works contractor in 2007. It is a wholly owned Nigerian Company. Over the years, it has undertaken many challenging projects and accumulated skills, know-how and experiences in Facilities Management, Procurement and Supply Services, Design and Build Solutions, Project Management Services, Building Construction and related engineering works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Contract Engineer
Job Location: Lagos or Port Harcourt - Rivers
Status: Contract - Resident
- Be in constant alignment with H3SE provisions of Company. Align with Procedures, Instructions, and applicable legislation
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger, exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution
- Participate actively in H3SE meetings, training sessions and drills and co-operate actively in the execution of H3SE plans
- Ensure that the corporate HSE provisions in Contract documents are well adapted for operations.
- Continuously hold a valid Annual Medical Certificate.
- Keep a culture of reporting anomalies and seek continuous improvement in this direction.
Contracts & Corporate Compliance:
- Ensure that all contracts follow Company’s standards and applicable templates.
- Ensure that statutory compliance parameters are followed in Contract awards and in managing Contractors to avoid corporate breaches in this respect.
- Ensure that all contracting documents meet audit requirements in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions
- Follows the laid down procedure, rules and protocols for all the contractual activities to be undertaken.
- Comply with the requirements for pre-CFT engagements, mainstream CFT procedures, interface with third parties and partners and the process for approvals at different levels of engagement.
Process and Communication Governance:
- Work closely with the DUETS-counterpart to create a seamless workflow process that ensures timely delivery of contractual dossiers and associated documents.
- Consistently drive for alignment of the Duets to Contracts & Procurement Procedures & Principles.
- Develop a clearly defined Responsibility Matrix with Validation of Contracts Strategy, Technical Evaluation of bids, Negotiation and Analysis of Commercial bids, Recommendations to Award mechanisms, Contracts and Procurement Strategic Committee (CPSC) etc.
- Robust interface with TGP CATMAN network to ensure 360-degree market and operational information flow and obtain requisite CATBOARD and other approval where applicable.
- Manage and or escalate strategic contractual issues as may arise
- Drive for Service Quality Meetings (SQMs) and Triplet Meetings and ensure that the expected feedbacks and benefits of such processes are optimized.
- Optimize the utilization of Enterprise Resource Tools like AGORA, SAP, ARIBA, NIPEX as contracts repositories and accessories, without gaps.
- Assist the Head of Contracts in monitoring the KPIS of the departments especially Contract’s expiry and renewals.
- Propose and implement Frame Contracts and FALTC as strategic options in contracts managements
- Proactive engagement in contractual savings through the approved cycles and mechanisms.
- Manage interface with NAPIMS, NCDMB And NUPRC as related to Contracts processes and activities.
- Maintain a workflow process that provides regular feedback to all stakeholders within the segment.
- Provide regular reports (monthly and quarterly) as regards performances with the various interfaces.
- Raise NCCC for every RTAs and follow up with the endorsements as applicable
- Active contracts with over 40 Contracts on NIPEX platform with Annual turnover of $800Million
- Liaises with DCBs to derive E-JPCS to ensure timely payments for services performed
- Default resource in ensuring that DDQ, HMO status evaluation for Contactors are commenced and completed.
- Ensure Service Line Agreements of company are followed.
- Raise POS for evert work segment from Outline Agreements created in SAP.
- Continuous management of C&P Business Tools including UNISUP, CONTIKI, ARIBA & NIPEX
- Contacts and Interfaces: Foreign and Local Manufacturers/Suppliers, other subsidiaries, User Departments,
- Various Government Ministries and Agencies, Banks, Scanning Companies, other third parties.
- Asset Dimensions: OML 130, OML 58, OML 99; 100, 102
Context and Environment
- Continuous high turnover of contractual documents for Drilling and wells Operations for both Offshore and Onshore assets.
- The job is carried out in a context of increasing bureaucratic environment and community constraints and with a stricter application of Nigerian Content regulations.
- Main setback is the very long tendering process for most NAPIMS tender that allows local content and JV partner full involvement.
- Increasing number of Vendors requiring development in matters of HSE and Quality Assessment.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- A Degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (preferably Supply Chain).
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Up to 5 - 8 years experience in oil well construction activities of which 3 should be in contract administration.
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please indicate the position on the Subject line of your email or it may be overlooked
- Underwater Maintenance Services Job at Calaya Engineering Services
- Health Safety Environmental Manager Job at Chemiron Care Limited
- Quality Control Reviewing Engineer Job at MacTay Consulting
- Mechanical Draft Engineer Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- QA / QC Engineer Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Senior Manager, Innovation Job at MTN Nigeria
- 2023 International Finance Corporation (IFC) Global Internship Program
- Sound Engineer Job at House Studios
- Senior Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Plumbing Engineer Job at Ascentech Services Limited