Senior Data & Research Analyst Job at First Bank of Nigeria
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Senior Data & Research Analyst
Ref Id: 1900000P
Job Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: DMD Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement enterprise wide data warehousing solutions and an ETL automation using SSIS, ODI etc.
- Build customized predictive models using SAS, Oracle Data Miner, R or Python that explains different customers behaviors such as share of wallet, dormancy prediction, customer life cycle, value extraction, next best action etc.
- Leverage customer and market information to proactively identify and assess new business opportunities to create customer value and profitably grow the business.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Build and automate data upload and extraction to/from various banks applications such as CRM, RSAC etc.
- Develop dash boards and dynamic reporting interfaces to present marketing information & KPIs to internal stakeholders, based on individual needs.
- Conduct periodic scan of the customer base to identify growth potential and revenue opportunities across all customer segments and business units and share same with stakeholders.
- Build and implement Alerts on CRM to empower RMs on various activities in their customers’ accounts and product life cycle.
- High level of analytical skills with the ability to process and present complex data.
- High level of commercial understanding in developing business cases, interpreting financials and P&L.
- Ensure findings are presented in the way most suitable to the different areas of the business.
- Commission analytical requests and translate digital data into market insights.
- Make recommendations on areas such as viability of an idea, potential to market a product and market trends for current/similar products.
- Translate data and analytical insights into easy to understand insights which have a tangible business impact.
- Communicate with senior stakeholders, peers and reports (conversational and presentational).
- Text mining of unstructured data fields to extract insights.
- Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
- Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets.
- Data Visualization capabilities using OBIEE, SAP, MS Reporting Server etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in an Enterprise Warehousing function.
- Hands on experience in building ETL, data mining, predictive modelling etc.
- Hands on experience in Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, OBIEE, SAP, SAS, R, Python etc.
- Working knowledge of Finacle bank-end tables and other First Bank database.
Key Competency Requirements
- Good understanding of financial market industry
- Relationship management
- Banking structure, policies and procedures.
- Banking services/products
- Use of Banking applications
- Competitor analysis
- Good understanding of analytical methodologies
- Client Industry
- Quality Control Officer Job at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Data Analyst Intern Recruitment at eHealth4everyone Limited
- Quality and Control Officer Recruitment at Ascentech Services Limited
- Finance Analyst Job at Contec Global Group
- Business Analyst Job at Culminate Consulting
- Quality Assurance Supervisor Job at Frigoglass Nigeria
- Data Analyst Job at Kharima Integrated Services
- Market Researcher Job at SA&B Mega Resources
- Quality Control Personnel Job at Sign8con
- Data Analyst Job at Nokia Nigeria