Senior Media and Communication Specialist (SMCS) Job at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Media and Communication Specialist (SMCS)
Job Location: Abuja
- The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of select State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria
- The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying state, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and an improved ability to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services
- RTI International is seeking to recruit an Abuja-based Senior Media and Communications Specialist (SMCS) for the USAID E-WASH activity.
- The SMCS is responsible for managing and coordinating all E-WASH project communications and online presence. This includes everything from written, printed materials, KM products, press releases and social media presence for E-WASH activities
- Extending to coordinating communications with third parties, development and dissemination of communications products to target counterparts, or other stakeholders and schedule meetings, as needed.
- Develop external communications material (written and printed), from the design stage all the way to the distribution stage. Strong writing and communications skills are required to lead the development of E-WASH products across 6 states and its headquarters in Abuja.
- Support the writing and development of ongoing reports (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports or deliverables), ensuring they are well written and abide by USAID Branding and Marking guidelines. This may involve collecting information to produce feature Stories, which should be produced on a monthly basis to showcase some of the project’s major accomplishments.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of USAID communications and branding regulations, as well as contract limitations, and inform/educate others on these requirements as necessary; including participating in quarterly USAID Communications Working Group (CWG) meetings.
- Working with the ASC Advisor, implement the Knowledge Management and Communications Strategy for E-WASH. Work collaboratively with other thematic leads to provide communications support when necessary including attending events and activities.
- With support from the ASC Advisor and MEL team, the SMCS will organize quarterly knowledge events; and develop the E-WASH Communications Strategy and Engagement Plan.
- Identify appropriate media and communications channels to ensure that lessons learned are properly collated and disseminated.
- Create guidance and tools to implement communications and media activities and measure their effectiveness.
- Under supervision of ASC Advisor, support state offices in advocacy and communication on urban WASH issues.
- Contribute to producing high quality, statements, articles, briefing materials and features material as well as other relevant content as required
- An Advanced University Degree (Master's) in Communication, Journalism, Public Information, Public Relations, Marketing, Branding and Social Sciences or a directly related field(s);
- A minimum of six years of progressive, relevant work experience in communication, media, advocacy and/or digital media role, including in international/multi-cultural settings;
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision makers;
- Experience in knowledge management and communications. Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach is useful;
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required; strong command of USAID branding and marking strongly preferred
- Experience in media and communications for grants making and government engagement preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences.
- Strong facilitation skills required.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org The title/subject of your email and application should be position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Marketing Manager Job at Skymic Pharmacy
- Digital Marketer Job at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Relationship Personnel / Experienced Marketer Job at Crovation Limited
- Senior Marketing Officer Job at a reputable company
- Marketer Job at Chase Gaming Solutions Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company
- Director of Public Relations Job at A leading Conglomerate
- Director of Advertising Job at A leading Conglomerate
- Social Media Manager Job at Betterbuyng
- Marketing Executive Job at Yandy Koncept Cleans