Service Specialist needed at ABB Nigeria Ltd
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Service Specialist
Publication ID: NG62966337_E1
Job Location: Lagos
Business Unit: Turbocharging
Job Function: Service and Maintenance
- As a Service Specialist, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation Division and Business Unit (BU) Turbocharging based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- ABB Turbocharging is a technology and market leader in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Having produced the world's first industrial turbocharger, we continue to push the turbocharging technology forward, providing engine builders and application operators with advanced turbocharging solutions to achieve highest operational efficiencies and safety with lowest operational expenditure.
- ABB has more than 100+ owned Service Stations worldwide and more than 200,000 ABB turbochargers in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Acting as representative of the OEM during interaction with the customer
- Executing a pre risk assessment on site, briefing with crew member on ongoing other activities and instruction for board equipment
- Working according to working instructions and adhering to regulatory and company OHS policy
- Performing services according to the scope defined within the work order
- Preparing the tools, equipment and parts needed for a service job and understand the scope of the job to be performed
- Ensuring that the documentation for the job is available and asking for advice in cases some steps are not known
- Briefing with service coordinator, head of workshop or supervisor about the expected situation on site
- Checking all relevant information of turbochargers in ATURB beforehand
- Completing data collection (including DSA)
- Doing self-study of technical documentation
- Maintaining tools and equipment
- Providing input for continuous process improvement
- Maintaining a clean, safe and proper working environment
- Coordinating work order deviations in the scope with service coordinator and customer’s representative on board
- Creating service reports, time sheets and delivery note, duly signed by customer with DSA
- Recommending customer for immediate and future service requirements, providing feedback to service coordinator or end user sales
- Collecting information about other turbochargers installed on site, informing service coordinator
- Supporting service availability targets (24/7 service availability)
- Participating in BU and local training programs
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Higher National Diploma with minimum 6-8 years of experience and proficiency in both spoken and written English language.