Sexual Reproductive Health Supervisor at Medecins Du Monde
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Position: Sexual Reproductive Health Supervisor (Midwife Supervisor)
Job Locations: Damboa/Maiduguri
Supervisor: Health Programme Coordinator
Line Reports: SRH Trainer/ Health Programme Coordinator
- As SRH Supervisor with MDM, you are responsible for implementation of both curative, preventive and referral pathway through mentorship and on job training of the midwives to ensure quality activity services is being rendered in line with project target and protocol under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator.
SRH Supervisor is responsible:
- Organize referral for obstetric complications, including implementation of clinical pathway for treatment of sexual assault survivors and daily activities of SRH.
- Ensure all RH activities are in line with national protocols and RH policies and guidelines are well understood by midwives;
- Participate to RH sector meetings and any other relevant meeting at provincial level.
- Ensure training, mentorship and capacity building of the midwives in collaboration with other trainers.
- Support reproductive health interventions, including Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) and establishing integrated RH activities
- Monitoring Progress of activities according to work plan, identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Ensure all the midwives follow the IPC standards and international standard of infection prevention protocols.
- Ensure the services are rendered according to protocols ie ANC, PNC and FP and risk factors are identified with proper referral pathway.
- Ensure patient privacy and confidentiality is respected according to MDM policy.
- Ensure appropriate health education is offered to clients according to service delivery.
- Ensure submission of accurate data on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Regularly contribute to the innovation of MdM’s Nigeria mission.
Qualifications, Desired & Preferred Characteristics
The SRH supervisor will be expected to:
- Hold an associate or Bachelor's degree, preferably in midwifery field and have at least two years supervision experience.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Assessment and analytical skills, especially within report writing and data collection and analysis.
- Strong leadership, decision making and management skills.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency including Microsoft and Excel.
- Possess a valid practicing license and registered with the relevant board of council.
- Previous experience with INGO will be of added value.
- Fluent in English, preferably Hausa.
The SRH supervisor is expected to:
- Be professional in communication and work quality.
- Be organized and timely with deadlines.
- Able to prioritize and be flexible.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Excellent organizational, training and mentorship skills in SRH related activities.
- Adhere to professional practices standards.
- Represent MDM in positive and professional manner in external sector meetings
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Have excellent English and preferred local language.
- Willingness to travel to areas outside of Maiduguri if needed.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees Will be expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde - France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
Note: The above job description can be modified according to changes in MDM activities or in the context. It can be amended at any time after mutual consultation, in order to fit the requirements of the programs.
- Medical Laboratory Technician/ Laboratory Assistant Job at PAMO University of Medical Sciences (PUMS)
- Medical Officer Job at Lagoon Hospitals
- Laboratory Analyst Job at Sterling Resources
- Male Nurse Job at Recore Limited
- Clinical Project Manager
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (Chemistry) Job at Imo International Health Systems
- Intern Radiographer Job at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Pharmacist Job at A leading Hospital
- Staff Nurse Job at A leading Hospital
- Staff Nurse Supervisor Job at A leading Hospital