Software Engineer Job at Hobo Video
Hobo Video is a vernacular fun video based localized community driven marketplace for billions of generation Z and millennials where everybody can earn.
We are on a mission to make online shopping real via video streaming in a language the audience is most comfortable with and to provide revenue streams to influencers and small sellers by making an ecosystem of video commerce
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Software Engineer - Hacker - Founding Team
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
About the Ship!
- We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer as founding team member who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Hobo's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- You'll demonstrate your passion for automation, scalable solutions and working with large data sets with engineering excellence principles. You will also be a role model and a mentor to the future team. As a Technology Solutions Engineer, you will use your technical aptitude and design skills to help your team navigate through complex problems, architect long-term, scalable solutions and unblock the organization from technical challenges.
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Developing app architecture.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality and designing and developing APIs.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Work on complex, multi-disciplinary live/VOD video encoding projects using your engineering expertise in building global scalable systems in C++, Python, Node.js, Java.
- Design, implement and launch highly-reliable and complex cloud video encoding and live streaming, dynamic packaging services from the planning stage through execution to product launch.
- Be part of an exceptional team and cultivate innovation and agile development.
- Work on highly-scaled and robust serving systems and cloud API development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience from Tier 1 or A++ College.
- 3 years of software development experience.
- Experience with software-based video encoding, decoding, streaming software development, video/audio codec internals, and video formats.
- Proficiency with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Skills in UX, user research, critical product thinking and product management will be an advantage.
- 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent coding skill in three or more of the following: C, C++, Node.js, Java, Python, Linux.
- Experience in the following domains: audio/video streaming or other real time computing application, open source video processing tools, cross-platform development in several CPU/operating system environments and network protocols.
- Familiar with file container formats such as ISOBMFF and MPEG-2 Transport streams, and video streaming protocols such as DASH and HLS.
- Experience in DRM technologies (e.g., widevine, fairplay, playready).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com with the subject line “Software Engineer - Hacker - Founding Team” and we would consider you for an interview.
Note: We are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies.
- Ongoing Recruitment at Microsoft Corporation
- Latest Vacancies at TechAdvance
- MERN Stack Developer Job at Zojatech Limited
- Web Developer Job at Vincintore Limited
- UI / UX Designer Job at Yudimy
- Dream Labs (Nig) Limited Recruitment for a UI / UX Developer
- Senior DevOps Engineer Job at Triversa Solutions Limited
- Front End Developer (Mobile and Web) Recruitment at Yudimy
- Full Stack Developer (React) Job at Utopia Media Group
- Courteville Business Solutions Plc Recruitment for a Software Developer